173 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
kungfu-themes says

Thanks for the reply Dream-theme,

I have to disagree with your opinion, well except for the security issue, because since Timthumb has been patched it no longer has any exploits. For that reason I believe the reviewer was wrong to cite security as being a reason for rejection, but we shall wait until he replies as he might be alluding to the problems with ‘permissions’ on different hosting providers.

In regards to being the best image resizing software available that is very much in debate.

If you read:

http://wordpress.stackexchange.com/questions/21634/what-is-your-take-timthumb-vs-wordpress-thumbnails-the-great-debate

The third post down you will find very good reasons as to why you shouldn’t being using timthumb anymore, unless you need to “zoom crop”, remember you can crop easily without timthumb, so apart from this I fail to see any added benefit or functionality.

Oh, and I’m sure someone will clarify this soon enough. :)

But any move in the direction of using wp specific functions such as add_image_size is a welcomed one in my opinion.

173 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
+1 more
kungfu-themes says

I understand your frustration and I believe changes like this in any kind of rules concerning reviewing should be announced either on forums or in the dashboard because without prior announce we authors loose a lot of time.

This bit I agree with too. It must be frustrating for someone like Dream-theme who seems to have invested a lot of time using timthumb in his next theme only to have it rejected.

33 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+2 more
whoathemes says

What about having a button (On/Off) Timthumb (with the default value on Off), and if Off, to use another script as aqua resizer, filosofo… This is a rejecting reason any more? I would like to know because currently I’m working to a new theme and I don’t want to loose time and finally the item will be rejected.

962 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
EireStudio says

WordPress had some vulnerabilities in the past too that have been fixed, maybe they should disable people to upload WP files…

63 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Italy
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
Kronris says

WordPress had some vulnerabilities in the past too that have been fixed, maybe they should disable people to upload WP files…

lol

271 posts The Dominant One
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+5 more
wptitans says

What about having a button (On/Off) Timthumb (with the default value on Off), and if Off, to use another script as aqua resizer, filosofo… This is a rejecting reason any more? I would like to know because currently I’m working to a new theme and I don’t want to loose time and finally the item will be rejected.

We have this opt-in choice in our themes, but since we heard about this timthumb rejections, we’ve decided to built a new one based upon wp native code. Bad luck, just about to launch and now we can work even longer then before and apply this to all themes :(

Nothing against changes and rules but IT WOULD BE NICE IF THEMEFOREST COULD ANNOUNCE THIS A BIT SOONER SO WE CAN PREPARE OURSELVES TO AVOID SUDDEN REJECTIONS AND EXTRA WORK.

1791 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Located in United States
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
FinalDestiny says

What if we want to resize images that were not added via the media library? Let’s assume I want to fetch a whole folder of images and create gallery, how would I use WP to create a thumbnail for each of those images?

493 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
wopethemes says

What if we want to resize images that were not added via the media library? Let’s assume I want to fetch a whole folder of images and create gallery, how would I use WP to create a thumbnail for each of those images?
add thumnail size
93 posts
  • Located in Europe
+3 more
aligatorstudio says

In regards to being the best image resizing software available that is very much in debate.

If you read:

http://wordpress.stackexchange.com/questions/21634/what-is-your-take-timthumb-vs-wordpress-thumbnails-the-great-debate ...
Well, on the same page there is a comment : “Timthumb’s ONLY advantage is in reducing the quantity of files stored on the server” and I agree with that.
As far as I know, Timthumb has no security issues anymore, and, Timthumb in some themes would be a good solution, in other themes, it’s unnecessary … It depends. On “creative” gallery portfolio themes it can be a good solution, on “regular” blog, magazines, multipurpose themes not so much …
And, if Theme Forest has a rule (it would be good to make it written) not to use Timthumb, well, you shouldn’t use it then … ;)
168 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Located in Europe
+1 more
Decneo says

If you read:

http://wordpress.stackexchange.com/questions/21634/what-is-your-take-timthumb-vs-wordpress-thumbnails-the-great-debate ...
Well, on the same page there is a comment : “Timthumb’s ONLY advantage is in reducing the quantity of files stored on the server” and I agree with that.
As far as I know, Timthumb has no security issues anymore, and, Timthumb in some themes would be a good solution, in other themes, it’s unnecessary … It depends. On “creative” gallery portfolio themes it can be a good solution, on “regular” blog, magazines, multipurpose themes not so much …
And, if Theme Forest has a rule (it would be good to make it written) not to use Timthumb, well, you shouldn’t use it then … ;)

Yes, Themeforest should announcement this, so the Authors will avoid to use Timthunmb. But Timthumb has updated to the new version already.

by
by
by
by
by
by