554 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
FlossieWood says

hiya,

I think the piano sound you use is letting you down. a nuance is the little differences a musician makes when he/she plays each note, maybe a little louder maybe slightly off beat, perhaps more expression in another phrase/part of the music and so on. I play the piano and it’s important for me to put feel and expression into my music. I hope this helps. I have learnt a huge amount about creating music since being on AJ and it sounds like you’re willing to learn so you’ll get there!

48 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
assetsp says

Thank you guys for the responses. I do play an instrument (it’s a kind of guitar). Can I ask what VST you guys use for piano sounds and what for violin? Also, if there is some sort of tutorial out there on how to apply reverb or other filters for piano and violin.

Half_Light_SoundStudio
Half_Light_SoundStudio Recent Posts Threads Started
766 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • United States
Half_Light_SoundStudio says

There are many options, I heard True Piano is great, but I will give you a link to free ones since I’m not sure of your budget.

3 Good Options

Amore Grand Piano ( need Kontakt Player: http://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/synths-samplers/kontakt-5-player/free-download/ )

(Amore Grand Piano Link)http://www.store.precisionsound.net/amoreinfo.php

Piano 1(This is almost as good as paid instruments, and in some cases better) http://www.supremepiano.com/product/piano1.html

Addictive Keys (Only 49 notes I believe, but there is much you can do with just 49 notes) http://www.xlnaudio.com/productline/2

I’m not the person to ask about strings, however. Hope that helps.

554 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
FlossieWood says

Hiya,

I use Reason and I love the Grand piano B that is in the their library – many instruments/sounds/loops/samples come with the DAW package.

I use this piano for nearly all my tracks! I own an upright piano which is gorgeous but I don't know enough about micing up real pianos - I bet it would sound good in the right hands though! It is the piano I learned on as a child which my parents gave to me as a present when I left home and is my prized possession!
506 posts
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Won a Competition
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
JonBuice says

if you play an instrument, you know what “human nuances” mean… if you don’t, you have to learn that, it’s the basis! One easy way: download midi files played by musicians (piano for example), put it in Ableton midi track and see how velocity moves..

Soundcity’s got it. I bet if you practiced the song, played it well (without quantizing) and added some hall/stage reverb to the piano and strings your track would be accepted just fine.

48 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
assetsp says

ty you guys for the advices. I ll try to post a revamp version soon.

29 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
widekeys says

Yes, sounds very mechanical. If you’d like I could record the piano utilizing top Bechstein sounds. And the string section aswell. Costs a 40$ per hour.

376 posts
BigBouncyBright says

Hi mate, try to add more reverb for piano

197 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
RomanosMusic says

I totally agree with what has been said already. The song itself is great. With a bit of tweaking here and there of instruments and a re-look at the mix, I’m sure it would sell on aj. Good luck :)

by
by
by
by
by
by