48 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+1 more
2mates says

Hi,

we submitted our template for the 3rd time, and it got rejected every time. Hard reject. Since the first version, we made numerous improvements, and there’s not much to add or improve.

We have light and dark versions, several CSS styles, and working newsletter and contact forms, as well as background slider, counter and animated progress bar, and the overall design is not that bad?

It’s a coming soon template, there’s not really that much to add on a coming soon template.

You can see the preview at http://bokiftw.com/item1/

We would really appreciate a honest feedback and/or suggestions.

48 posts
  • Located in Europe
+1 more
2mates says

Nobody? Please, we would really appreciate any feedback on the template?

357 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+1 more
billyf says

Hi,

I think it’s too simple and I don’t see any feature in your template which nobody else can offer. If you can think of something really unique, you can go ahead with the current design. Else, I would suggest you to start from scratch and work on something else because there are many ‘Coming Soon’ templates in ThemeForest. So, it is not easy to get it accepted unless your template is very unique.

Thank you.

48 posts
  • Located in Europe
+1 more
2mates says

billyf, thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it.

We implemented every possible feature that can be found on a coming soon page – contact form, newsletter forum, counter, progress bar, twitter feed, background slider.

And not to mention that contact form and newsletter come with a working php scripts, so it is all ready for use.

What more to add to make it unique?

I don’t mean to be disrespectful, but i don’t see any new coming soon templates inventing hot water. They all, more or less, offer the same, with differences in design?

Anyhow, once again, thank you for your feedback.

357 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+1 more
billyf says

I just simply went to Site Templates > Specialty Pages and picked the first 2 items :

First item : http://themeforest.net/item/closed-city-coming-soon-page/3059343

The countdown animation makes it unique.

Second item : http://themeforest.net/item/waow-unique-responsive-coming-soon-html5/3036097

The design and transition effect of the countdown makes it unique. Again, you don’t see this kind of design often.

So, I hope this makes you clearer about what I meant with ‘making it more unique’ :)

48 posts
  • Located in Europe
+1 more
2mates says

Ok, i understand now what you mean. But, can really a number sliding on counter make that difference between approved and hard rejected?

470 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+3 more
virtuti says

Hello, I think a couple of things could be improved. First thing (technical one): it loads a minute, not a second as promised:))) (at least in Opera it really takes more than notorious 4 seconds). 2. Progress bar is too long and not styled well. Same about Subscribe box and Contact form. I see one divider thick and another one thin (between About, Tweet and Contact). 3. Social icons are too large, space in between is too wide too while there is zero bottom margin, it affects harmony of the block to the bad. Wish you the best!

48 posts
  • Located in Europe
+1 more
2mates says

virtuti, thanks for a great feedback.

We will consider your suggestions very seriously.

Any other feedback from the respected community is welcomed.

470 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+3 more
virtuti says

Sorry for confusion–dividers are normal and bottom margin under icons is ok at 100% (I previewed it in Opera at something like 120-130% zoom instead of normal 100%). And I would put as a first image that one beautiful, with red berries (but it is my choice, definitely subjective).

48 posts
  • Located in Europe
+1 more
2mates says

Sorry for confusion–dividers are normal and bottom margin under icons is ok at 100% (I previewed it in Opera at something like 120-130% zoom instead of normal 100%). And I would put as a first image that one beautiful, with red berries (but it is my choice, definitely subjective).

Ok, thanks for pointing out that it looks “distorted” when zoomed in opera. We tested it in all major browsers, but didn’t zoom in all of them :).

We’ll be doing these modifications, and we’ll resubmit soon, wish us luck :)

Also, other feedbacks are welcomed :)

by
by
by
by
by
by