63 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
PrimeThemes says

Hi fellow authors :)

My theme just rejected for the second time, here’s the rejection message from the reviewer:

Additionally, we have some extra feedback for you:

1. Your file has some well done design concepts, however it does not meet the current and very stringent quality guidelines and we can not accept your file at this time. You will need to make some additional improvements in overall aesthetics.

2. There are a few inconsistent spacing issues throughout the design.

3. Overall typography needs additional refinements and improvements before it will be ready for sale.

4. Even with the current design, a significant increase in the polish of the various aspects of the item may just swing the decision in your favor.

link : http://themes.theprimethemes.com/prime_magazine/

any help/input will be greatly appreciated :)

- Good Day

63 posts
  • Exclusive Author
PrimeThemes says

No one? :D

119 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Europe
silver530 says

The footer quality is not enough like header quality.

63 posts
  • Exclusive Author
PrimeThemes says

The footer quality is not enough like header quality.

Anyone else? seems “Item Discussion” section is not fav place to visit here :D

6 posts
SpecialTactic says

Your overall theme structure is very well done.

Your Recent Posts section and Featured Posts section seems redundant. They are also very hard to read, which leads me to my next point:

My eye has NO focal point when I go to your website. There are lots of graphics… and the text is small, and with all the visual stimulation, hard to focus on or read.

Experiment with reducing the amount of images on your home page and increasing the Font Size of significant elements.

The Featured Posts section seems out of place. In addition, users WILL NOT hover over images to read the text. This is a huge blunder in my opinion. Even when they do hover, there is no clickable element other than the “Quick View” button. I love the Quick View concept, but how it’s incorporated right now is not working.

Ask yourself this: Why would people want to go to a website like this? What would be their primary purpose? You need to answer this question and make THAT piece of information your primary purpose. You have a lot of flashy elements and very little focus. Remember, people don’t go to websites to admire their beauty (Unless of course it’s a Web Design Review blog!), so place that information up top. My last advice—Have only ONE featured post on the front page. Make the picture prominent, and show its title up front. Get rid of the Featured Posts image bar and replace it with a featured posts block. Make it light to match the rest of the page.

This is my advice… it’s only my opinion, and others may have different ones, so experiment around, resubmit, and I wish you the best of luck. You have something great going, so don’t give up!

EDIT : I just realized the top navigation bar has no visual hierarchy. I can’t tell which sections are important… it seems like a pile of links. Mess with that, too :) Might need a simple re-structuring of links to direct visual flow to the important sections. Think of your users

63 posts
  • Exclusive Author
PrimeThemes says

Your overall theme structure is very well done.

Your Recent Posts section and Featured Posts section seems redundant. They are also very hard to read, which leads me to my next point:

My eye has NO focal point when I go to your website. There are lots of graphics… and the text is small, and with all the visual stimulation, hard to focus on or read.

Experiment with reducing the amount of images on your home page and increasing the Font Size of significant elements.

The Featured Posts section seems out of place. In addition, users WILL NOT hover over images to read the text. This is a huge blunder in my opinion. Even when they do hover, there is no clickable element other than the “Quick View” button. I love the Quick View concept, but how it’s incorporated right now is not working.

Ask yourself this: Why would people want to go to a website like this? What would be their primary purpose? You need to answer this question and make THAT piece of information your primary purpose. You have a lot of flashy elements and very little focus. Remember, people don’t go to websites to admire their beauty (Unless of course it’s a Web Design Review blog!), so place that information up top. My last advice—Have only ONE featured post on the front page. Make the picture prominent, and show its title up front. Get rid of the Featured Posts image bar and replace it with a featured posts block. Make it light to match the rest of the page.

This is my advice… it’s only my opinion, and others may have different ones, so experiment around, resubmit, and I wish you the best of luck. You have something great going, so don’t give up!

EDIT : I just realized the top navigation bar has no visual hierarchy. I can’t tell which sections are important… it seems like a pile of links. Mess with that, too :) Might need a simple re-structuring of links to direct visual flow to the important sections. Think of your users

woowww.. thanks a lot! great input :)

by
by
by
by
by
by