22 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
dzeriho says

Hello!
Unfortunately your submission Modular Theme for Wordpress isn’t ready for ThemeForest and cannot be resubmitted as it did not meet our minimum requirements for quality and/or marketplace policies. In order for submissions to be considered for sale they must be of high aesthetic and technical quality, unique to our library and cannot be in violation of Envato’s policies. Please see our Knowledgebase for more information: http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/List

Our Review team also provided these comments:

I’m not sure about these copyright policies.. I’m using several GPL or/and MIT licensed JS libraries and one GLPv3 php/js theme framework which I’ve modified. I think that’s all legal? The only thing that comes to my mind is maybe a photo in documents with a screenshot with a person on it that I don’t have rights for. But this is a pretty harsh reject for something small as that. Am I missing something? I know that design is not really the greatest and can be improved. So please help me with this? Ideas, do you like it, what you hate and similar? Thanks a lot!

..and the rejected theme preview is here

355 posts
  • Slovakia
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
LubosVolovar says

this is realy not problem of policies but problem of design. It is way off, very, very outdated. Everything from logo, spacings, typography. Sorry, but this is way too far from TF standards to give you a constructive feedback. If you are skilled in HTML/WP than either buy some decent PSD with required license, or find some experienced designer. Or start working on your design skill. Just compare it to some recent themes/templates/PSDs on themeforest and if you don’t see the difference in quality, well, you need to work harder. Good luck

2152 posts
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Argentina
  • Exclusive Author
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
manuelvega says

I agree with Phantasia , everything is wrong with the design.

22 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
dzeriho says

Thank you for support! Yes, I agree about the outdated appearance. I was confused with the reply but in back of my mind I was pretty sure that my design sucks. I thought that maybe the content builder and slides system will be enough to override this, but apparently with all that being nice, the design comes first! More thoughts are highly appreciated.

19 posts
  • Australia
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
VetoThemes says

Yeah, it is hard to get approved, don’t get me wrong. But I think you need a more modern design. They are looking for something they haven’t seen before, and the problem with a classical theme, is that they have been around for a while (and hence, often not unique).

That email is generic, i.e. it wasn’t written specifically for you. I wouldn’t stress about what the email says, but more about your theme in general, and how to improve it. I’ve been there before, and when I submit a theme I expect to get rejected—this is how we improve, yeah?

Hope that helps!

36 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
DSThemes says

For me personally, the blue/grey colour scale isn’t very modern or fresh. Echoing what the posts above are saying, the reviewers will be looking for original themes. I’d have a think what you can do to make this theme desirable. I think the big question you have to ask yourself is would you pay $45+ for it??

Hope this helps!

22 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
dzeriho says

Thank you for your comments! I agree. I will have to work on my design skills!

by
by
by
by
by
by