4 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
werebros says

Hi guys,

This is the first item that I did but It’s rejected from reviewer. I really need advices from nice guys to improve it and resubmit again. I spent a lot of time on it and I don’t want to give up easily. Please help me.

This is LINK to folder demo.

This is words from reviewer:

We’re sorry, your item Quintana: Multi Purpose PSD Template has not been approved for sale on ThemeForest. This is the reason given by our item inspector:

1. Your file has some well done design concepts, however it does not meet the current and very stringent quality guidelines and we can not accept your file at this time. You will need to make some additional improvements in overall aesthetics.

2. There are a few inconsistent spacing issues throughout the design.

3. Overall typography needs additional refinements and improvements before it will be ready for sale.

4. Even with the current design, a significant increase in the polish of the various aspects of the item may just swing the decision in your favor.

Hoping I can receive advices and new ideas for my first item. Thank you so much guys!!!

4 posts
  • Exclusive Author
werebros says

Anybody helps me???

141 posts Designer & Developer
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
Webbu says

Hi,

Nice design but some of your fonts are too small typography is not good.

Menu font aswell.

4 posts
  • Exclusive Author
werebros says

Hi,

Nice design but some of your fonts are too small typography is not good.

Menu font aswell.

Thanks so much Webby. So appreciated. What’s anything else I should consider?

281 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • France
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
2Fwebd says

Hi !
You lack something to differentiate yourself ;) Add icons, buttons… and yes you need to play with the fonts. Bubbles for the slider looks small.
Just my opinion, hope it will help you ;)
Regards,

1674 posts Multimedia Artistry
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
dnp_theme says

The real rejection reason is that you are stealing other’s design, reviewers know all items:

http://themeforest.net/item/ammon-template-for-joomla/669895
1378 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Slovenia
Anps says

I wouldn’t agree with that statement, if you check few newer psd’s and wp themes you will see striking resemblance in design and even in name :)

1015 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • United Kingdom
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Exclusive Author
Alexlasek says

sorry to write, but you simply copied some elements from others themes and implemented them into “YOURS”, trying to release as a new project.

It won`t be accepted. It`s not an inspiration, it`s simply thievery :(

4 posts
  • Exclusive Author
werebros says

Firstly, I want to say thank you to you for commenting to my theme and secondly I would say about process How I did it. Hope you can sympathize with me. Because English is not my first language and will have some mistakes. I hope you can forgive it and ask me if you really don’t understand.

I admit I got inspiration from Ammon Theme like dnp_theme realized and other’s designs. But I tried to redesign by myself almost except Big Image of Ammon Theme. But actually I took a long time to make this theme (maybe about 2 months) and Before I submitted I swear I forgot Where I got it.

I used Google Image to hopefully know the main source of this image and thought that would credit it with reviewer from that source. This is website that I thought I got this image : http://www.pub-tunisie.com/ Ammon and this website are same design.

I admit some elements of my theme is to look resemblance with designs on themeforest because I am newbie in design and themeforest has high standard about design. Therefore I often browse library on themeforest and a few other’s websites such as creattica.com, awwwards.com… to get inspiration and redesign by myself (thought a few designers on themeforest also make this process like me). All icons and elements I don’t make I will credit and never use it like mine. Because I know, It’s ashamed when stealing other’s work. Especially in design it’s terrible. So If you need icon’s credit, I will provide to you.

Finally, I am really sorry about this and apologize you guys. I will try to fix and redesign again. This is a lesson for me as well. Anyway thank you again for commenting and hope I can improve my skills from you guys.

1674 posts Multimedia Artistry
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
dnp_theme says

Your English is good enough, serves the purpose.

Imitating others is a good way to start learning but not a good way to do business. First you have to master the technique, then do it your OWN style.

You need to understand what typography is, I always suggest this is in fact the most important part of design. Here is an example of decent typography concept, (do not copy my design) if I were to add some images, it’s already an awesome design.

You can also read my previous reviews, I always provide good observations and tips.

by
by
by
by
by
by