3 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
AxelThemes says

Hi guys ! Need your help with my HTML theme. It has been rejected.

I’m hoping you can help me with this…

http://themes.axelzone.net/eleanor/

That’s the reason:

Unfortunately your submission Eleanor – Responsive HTML5 Template isn’t quite ready for ThemeForest and requires significant improvements and changes before it can be resubmitted and reconsidered. Additionally, we have some extra feedback for you: Unfortunately, we are unable to accept this file as it’s too conceptually similar to other files on the marketplace. We have a lot of similar files and so you need to work on making this file more unique by utilizing different fonts, styles and tweaking the general layout in order to make it more original.

Thanks.

303 posts
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Europe
BittLoader says

Quick tip: the logos from our clients and the images from the Latest projects are shown half. I can see only the top half part of those images.

3197 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Community Ambassador
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Beta Tester
  • Brazil
+8 more
DzincStudio says
Moved to Item Discussion
3 posts
  • Exclusive Author
AxelThemes says

Quick tip: the logos from our clients and the images from the Latest projects are shown half. I can see only the top half part of those images.

Ok. thanks. what else ?

894 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
infuse01 says
If you’d like to post a link to your item to get feedback or discussion on how to improve it, it must be posted in the “Item Discussion” section of the forums.

Source: Forum Rules

It looks quite nice but is simply too generic. There are already to many themes/templates out there with that style/layout/featureset. I’m not sure if you can do anything to modify that piece of work that it will get accepted since it is the base concept you’re using here is just too generic. You should probably try something else – maybe have a look at the Most Wanted Contests which are perfect for starters.

Issue:
Here is an issue I spotted while viewing your site in chrome (latest version). Logos are only “half” displayed.

Best of luck

Edit: Took to much time for me to reply, so I haven’t seen that the topic has been already moved. Never mind :)

2 posts
  • Australia
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
webski says

Hi AxelZone,

I like your HTML theme. I think that this is a good theme and it should be approved. Because if no one noticed, there is a lot of work to build something like this. This guy wasted his time for nothing? I think he deserve a chance…

6 posts
SpecialTactic says

You got something good going. I say you’re 80% there.

On the home page, there’s lots of nice spacing between primary elements toward the top, but as you scroll down the items are more clumped together.

I also see many variants of font styles. Uppercase headers, then camel case headers. Odd sub-headers (latest projects).

I found the text for the 4-column “featured” section (with the big yellow circles) hard to read.

But you’re really close. I can feel it. You have something good going.

Maybe it was also rejected because they appear to be more strict in accepting HTML templates… just a suspicion, but I’ve always wondered ;)

Good luck, revise the typography and I think you’ll get approved no time.

4 posts
  • Exclusive Author
atkid says

About the half cut images, maybe you can use $(window).load(function() { ...your script here... }); for your script, because it deals with image dimension problem.

Hope it helps :D

2163 posts
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Beta Tester
  • Canada
Nitro_Themes says

Hey dude

I like it just needs some polishing. Make sure your spacing is consistent also choose your headers wisely don’t go too small or too big.

I would use an image preloader for all the images. maybe add some other transitions for the slider either slide or something to make it more interesting. Other than that it’s good.

Cheers

Lester

3 posts
  • Exclusive Author
AxelThemes says

All guys big thanks for yours feedbacks. I’m going to fix errors and make a better template.

by
by
by
by
by
by