I recently submitted the follow PSD design at the weekend and got a hard rejection.
Just wondered if anybody could take a look and give me some critiquehttps://dl.dropbox.com/u/56087/TRI.jpg
Additionally, we have some extra feedback for you:
The overall quality of your submission does not meet our aesthetic and technical requirements and will need to be improved before being resubmitted. Unfortunately we’re not able to provide more specific feedback for your submission at this time.
- Logo & buttons look plain
- You have some buttons in Lowercase & other in Uppercase
- Entire design is in grayscale & portfolio have colors makes it look weird
- You should put color, I dont think that only grayscales works on themes
- Between heading and filter are a weird space
- Portfolio description are flat / boxes need more vertical padding
- Our news section looks simple, Keep it if you want looks original , let it breathe a little more.
- Footer its too plain & has to be full-with = entire design
- Everything looks a little dated , needs more work.
Goodluck , remember PSD is the most difficult category , needs to be pixel-perfect, detailed, balanced and pleasing to the eye .. with several improvements maybe you can think of HTML or WP ..
I agree with manuelvega.
You are going to need a lot more detail if you want to be approved in PSD.
You’ve laid out the template, +1 for that. Now you need to improve the elements, add detail and add a tiny splash of colour.
I also suggest putting some thought to the Contact Us form and also if possible adding some filters/textures to your images.