Quartz is a theme for Wordpress (Personal Blog category) that I’ve uploaded and it was rejected.
“We’re sorry, your item Quartz – Simple and Elegant has not been approved for sale. The following reasons were given by the item inspector:
This File Did Not Meet Our Criteria
Thank you for taking the time to submit your work. Unfortunately this item doesn’t meet the high approval standards we have for the ThemeForest.
Files must be well designed and aesthetically pleasing to be accepted under ThemeForest’s acceptance guidelines. Please consider viewing our Top Sellers page to get a good sense of the aesthetic level of popular files: http://themeForest.net/page/top_sellers
We really appreciate you taking the time to submit.”
I’m surprised, it is really so ugly? Someone has suggestions to improve this theme? Any help will be very appreciated
This is the live preview (four color variations):
Any help, suggestions? Pleeease, what do you think and how can I improve this theme?
I think you have a good start, but here are some thoughts:
- You have just about everything enclosed in a box, which i think is too much. Rounded boxes are nice, but don’t wrap everything in them!
- The text generally needs more padding. The text all comes very close to the edges of the boxes. I’d space it out a bit, and consistently.
You have to adjust some space between boxes and i think the black background is just too dark. Try some different colors or a diffirent image in the background.
I think it looks good but needs a bit more work. If I were you, I’ll redo the navigation, spice up the sidebar elements a little bit like maybe styled headers, bulletted list, etc. The content area looks good as it is.
- Envato Staff
- Has been a member for 5-6 years
- Attended a Community Meetup
- Beta Tester
- Contributed a Blog Post
- Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
- Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
- Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
Overall I would say the theme needs work with colors, padding/spacing and typography. Like the reviewer mentioned, you might want to take some time to look at the top selling themes to get an idea for what we’re looking for.
You have a solid start but it will need many improvements to meet our criteria. I hope this helps and I hope it doesn’t discourage you. Practice makes perfect.