Yesterday I submitted Simple Yellow theme, but has been rejected…
The reviewer said:
Thanks so much for taking the time to submit this template. Unfortunately, due to our high standards, your template has been declined. Here are a few issues that you should consider fixing before resubmitting.
1) Several elements need padding/spacing adjustments through the template.
2) Overall template typography needs additional refinements and improvements in contrast and line height.
3) The template needs improvements in element focus. The logo fights for attention with headlines/titles that are about the same size as the logo. Headlines/titles and other elements should guide the visitor through the content.
My questions are:
1) What means this? Which parts needs more padding/spacing?
2) And this? Maybe the distances between paragraphs is a bit small, but why not be more concrete?
3) It’s not enought clear that the logo is the logo and the titles are titles?
Live preview of the template can be found here: http://wvb.byethost15.com/simpleyellow
It looks rough, looks unfinished, as if you completed the actual layout then rushed it out forgetting the tiny little details like the spacing between the navigation menu items, some have bigger gaps than others. Margins around images, there are non. You need to take a look at the little details and refine it.
This yellow is too bright i think. It is really hurting my eyes And on the sidebar it is better that you can put some margin between boxes. Overall the template looks really good