Hi to all TF!
In the last few weeks I was making my first HTM template for ThemeForest. I’ve included a lot of effort when making this template. But it was rejected by the reason: ‘This File Did Not Meet Our Criteria.’
Actually I haven’t figured out my problem and what I need to improve in this template.
I really require in your help.
Here is the template
In advance thanks!
Here are a few ideas.
1) the text “pagefolio” is obviously the title of the page, yet is included in the background. How will people change it ? Also, your main title shouldn’t be blurry.
2) the page feels very empty. You could include some text about your services, who you are, etc.
3) there’s lot of JS interaction going on, but nothing to hint at what will happen. How do I know that clicking on the screenshots will open them ? Add an arrow, a hover effect, etc.
You have some nice ideas going on, but this still needs a lot more work. Keep at it !
I’m not really crazy about the template but I think there are a few simple improvements that can be made quickly.
- Really try to separate your content from the background. A simple border could do the trick and really make the images pop but I think the change might need to be more extensive.
- As Koroshiya said, try and separate the title from the background picture. If you are worried about lining things up, try a transparent background on the title. To make this work in IE6 check out Nettuts tutorial 5 easy ways to tackle ie6s transparency issues
- Way more contrast on the contact page. I can hardly see anything there!
- While some sort of hover effect is important on the images, the first step should be to use cursor: pointer in your css. People instantly recognize the pointer as something they can click.
With that said, this template needs some work to give it some personality and usefulness.
- Please read our community guidelines. Self promotion and discussion of piracy is not allowed.
- Open a support ticket if you would like specific help with your account, deposits or purchases.
- Item Support by authors is optional and may vary. Please see the Support tab on each item page.
Most of all, enjoy your time here. Thank you for being a valued Envato community member.