• Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
WatcherLV says

Hi to all TF!

In the last few weeks I was making my first HTM template for ThemeForest. I’ve included a lot of effort when making this template. But it was rejected by the reason: ‘This File Did Not Meet Our Criteria.’
Actually I haven’t figured out my problem and what I need to improve in this template.
I really require in your help.

Here is the template

In advance thanks!
Watcher.

156 posts
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • France
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
SachaG says

Here are a few ideas.

1) the text “pagefolio” is obviously the title of the page, yet is included in the background. How will people change it ? Also, your main title shouldn’t be blurry.

2) the page feels very empty. You could include some text about your services, who you are, etc.

3) there’s lot of JS interaction going on, but nothing to hint at what will happen. How do I know that clicking on the screenshots will open them ? Add an arrow, a hover effect, etc.

You have some nice ideas going on, but this still needs a lot more work. Keep at it !

5 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United States
tim_hall says

I’m not really crazy about the template but I think there are a few simple improvements that can be made quickly.

1. Really try to separate your content from the background. A simple border could do the trick and really make the images pop but I think the change might need to be more extensive.
  2. As Koroshiya said, try and separate the title from the background picture. If you are worried about lining things up, try a transparent background on the title. To make this work in IE6 check out Nettuts tutorial 5 easy ways to tackle ie6s transparency issues
  3. Way more contrast on the contact page. I can hardly see anything there!
  4. While some sort of hover effect is important on the images, the first step should be to use cursor: pointer in your css. People instantly recognize the pointer as something they can click.

With that said, this template needs some work to give it some personality and usefulness.

Good luck!

by
by
by
by
by
by