150 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
designsatnight says

Hi everybody

I uploaded an item to TF a few weeks ago, it got rejected because they felt some paddings and margins aren’t consistent enough, design is not unique enough, and things like that. I decided to create a completely new one instead of rebuilding the old one, so I started it.

it took me 3 weeks to complete the new one, they rejected it, but only thing they told me is that they don’t like the use of white spaces. they even told that they don’t want to tell me how to improve until it meets a “certain treshold”.

Here’s the link, I’d like to know if you guys have any advice on how to improve it, or point out the weak points, or just give an overall rating.

here’s the link

thank you designsatnight

119 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
izithemes says

I think you do something sloppy. Ex on menu: Typography > Submenu|Submenu 2| Sub 3.

150 posts
  • Exclusive Author
designsatnight says
izithemes said
I think you do something sloppy. Ex on menu: Typography > Submenu|Submenu 2| Sub 3. ...

true but I’d be surprised if that would be the reason

150 posts
  • Exclusive Author
designsatnight says

anyone else?

61 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
rohithpaul says
designsatnight said
anyone else?

Hi,

I think, You have to add more graphical elements to the current design. The font looks good, but you have to work on details, also utilize white-space wisely, eg. header – near to logo, between column, navigation, Rightsidebar. Also your footer is very plain, I suggest you to remove current footer and build a new one from scratch.

:) Best of luck

150 posts
  • Exclusive Author
designsatnight says
rohithpaul said
designsatnight said
anyone else?

Hi,

I think, You have to add more graphical elements to the current design. The font looks good, but you have to work on details, also utilize white-space wisely, eg. header – near to logo, between column, navigation, Rightsidebar. Also your footer is very plain, I suggest you to remove current footer and build a new one from scratch.

:) Best of luck

now that’s something useful thank you

2163 posts
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Canada
Nitro_Themes says

hey there

there is too much empty space above the footer on the left. I don’t think you should have that much empty space.

Cheers

Lester

150 posts
  • Exclusive Author
designsatnight says
mafloral said
hey there

there is too much empty space above the footer on the left. I don’t think you should have that much empty space.

Cheers

Lester

thank you that’s definetely a weak point I don’t know why it looks like that I’ll build a completely new one.

150 posts
  • Exclusive Author
designsatnight says
61 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
rohithpaul says
designsatnight said
updated http://www.thysta.com/helion/test/
It seems like you have modified some stuff’s but, still white space issue is there, You must go through other templates and u’ll get inspiration, I know its frustrating, but my advice – If you submit the current one, you will get disappointed again. :)
by
by
by
by
by
by