136 posts
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • United Kingdom
ThemeShaper says

Hi, I just heard my theme was rejected.. the design generally needs ‘further improvements’.

I am slightly surprised – I thought the design was quite good, and without any feedback to know where I went wrong I am not sure what to do next.

http://www.themeshaper.net/ http://www.themeshaper.net/?page_id=644 – features

This has taken me many months to do so any advice that could help me salvage it would be appreciated.

421 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Germany
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
MASSIX says

Its very unique, but the design is too futuristic for me and it seems not really easy to costumize it for a normal business company or to any other site I wanna use it for.

There are some things I would change:

- Add some other slider, because a lot of guys dont wanna use flash slider (too much guys with iPad and iPhone)

- Change the icon for the quick contact (its an email, so why the telefon icon)

- You have to think about a few stuff. F.e how should i place “my” logo in this template when its not just black?

- The grey is not really cool and the overall design too futuristic and a little bit clumsy

- Too much use of jQuery

You´ve got some nice ideas, but I think this theme is too special to get accepted by the staff.

1383 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Serbia
wpCanyonThemes says

I think “‘further improvements” is better then “significant improvements” :)

It’s certainly different then all the other themes that follow the same layout (big slider, 3 boxes, fat footer) and that’s great.

But you could work a bit more on the colors.

The light blue bar bellow the nav seems kind of strange, try using the same as you have on top of the nav.

The contact form on the left seems odd, remove that white background (make it transparent) and i noticed the submit button is just invisible, but still clickable and submits the form successfuly, fix that validation.

The gray backgrounds are strange, try something else, don’t use so much gradients.

You’ll get this one approved, just improve the design a bit.

@Massix

“You´ve got some nice ideas, but I think this theme is too special to get accepted by the staff.”

They started reject themes because they’re generic, slider + 3 boxes + fat footer. Special is needed on themeforest.

136 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
ThemeShaper says

Hi, Thanks for your comments. The theme has 3 other sliders built in, the logo has a secondary position.

Pretty much all the jquery can be turned off, and almost every element of the design (each column color for example) can be modified. It supports one, two or 3 column layouts, (see other pages), even across category pages etc. so it pretty flexible in terms of being able to support different types of site.

I am surprised it got rejected due to design – I guess I have been working on it too long I got blinded and convinced myself it was better than it actually is.

Any other comments would be welcome.

136 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
ThemeShaper says

Heh, nah it was ‘significant improvements’ ;)

1383 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Serbia
wpCanyonThemes says

Ohh :) Well just play a bit with the CSS , try to make it look better and give it another try.

438 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
christopherjon says

Interesting considering there was a recent post from a reviewer asking authors to come up with new ideas and step away from the giant slider, 3 box, fat footer designs.

I did see a couple of things that I thought could use some improvement but considering your theme has a distinct look about it and does step outside of the themeforest box I would assume that the review would give you something more than the generic rejection reply.

I guess you can’t win. Make the same ‘ol thing and everybody complains, make something fresh and get rejected. :)

25 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Thailand
calzohoudini2 says

As a theme buyer on Themeforest. I would say that the graphics seem a little dated. Possibly too large and chunky for want of a better phrase. I’m not keen on the three column layout as the twitter feed seems lost in there. The social buttons don’t seem to fit very well, possibly make them a little smaller.

I think an overhaul of the site graphics and colours should sort it out and upload some more demo content in some of the positions so that things like the Twitter feed doesn’t look as if it has just been stuck in the middle of nowhere.

176 posts
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Elite Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
Denoizzed says

It’s not bad as a concept but I think it lacks some usability.

I would put the content on the left because it is the main thing of the site, not the sidebar with social icons.

3007 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Elite Author
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
+2 more
duotive says

you worked a lot… i can see that. the only thing is to ask kailoon what the problem is. it may be codding he dose not like. ask him he will tell you. do not give up. i like it :) its a weird new layout and i like it. but too much socialization. use other styles or images or whatever.

by
by
by
by
by
by