• Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
Smartik says

A few hours ago my template was rejected. I can’t believe that it was hard rejected. Ok I understand, but how can I improve it if there is not a good reason for this. When I receive a standard message I have no idea where to start, what to do, what’s wrong and what not. For me it look fine, but seems that not everybody think so.

Here is the reviewer message:
1) Your template does not provide a unique enough design with the necessary design quality, features and options to compete in the marketplace at this time. As higher quality templates become available in the marketplace, approval requirements will increase to maintain appropriate marketplace quality.

2) You might consider improving your design with more unique graphics in order for it to stand out among other marketplace items.

3) This theme falls under “similar themes” and it doesn’t show any uniqueness to make it stand out.

4) I know it’s frustrating to be rejected citing uniqueness but recently, we’ve gotten a large number of template with the same overall features and presentation and we have to draw the line somewhere.

5) The main menu is a nice touch but the rest of the design doesn’t show the same level of attention. Uniqueness is absolutely key here.

Here is the demo: http://smartik-themes.com/themeforest/html/loveliness/index.php

Thank you in advance.

115 posts I make pretty things.
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
guuthemes says

Hey,

It’s not a really bad theme. But it isn’t great either, and quite generic. The key to an average theme, and a great theme, can be something as simple as font choices, colour choices/combinations, imagery used (especially on you preview site), really fine details as small as they may seem, can make a potential buyer make the purchase. I call it the ‘ooh shiny shiny’ effect!! ;)

Good luck with the theme!

1034 posts
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • United Kingdom
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
BenSheppard says

The home page seems too cluttered, scrolling through it all, I don’t know what to concentrate on.

On the single blog page there is a profile with social buttons and this set of social buttons works differently to the footer social buttons? Personally prefer the ones in the footer.
Again the blog page seems cluttered with you putting as much elements in as possible.

All of the cluttering makes the dividers less special, they look good but not when you can see them tons of times on one page.

All of the elements look good and as if they do fit together, this goes back to the same point of the social buttons, why change it?

Vouchers: Don’t like that you can mouseover expired vouchers

Really like gallery page

Hope this helps

890 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users