22 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
DadoD1 says

http://fav.me/d5gr808

Got the hard rejection. originally I thought I gave a good effort here, but I guess not. :p

I would like some feedback on how I can IMPROVE my design and design overall skill. =D

189 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
mbudm says

In one word – I’d say ‘crowded’.

I think a busy packed information site is well suited to the market you are trying to hit, so I don’t think it needs to be in the minimal light massively spaced out archetype, but You could probably go for at least 10px padding on your boxes and maybe 15px – 20px between boxes.

I like to have a hierarchical logic to my spacing – just like headings, so major elements might be 20px aprt, down to 5px between micro elements.

That will also give an overall consistency which I think is also what this design lacks – and leads me to say ‘crowded’.

22 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
DadoD1 says

Thanks. I was thinking the same thing, but then again this design is supposed to be for a busy website, but I will try doing that.

I’m a little upset because the reviewer didn’t mention anything other then The overall quality of your submission does not meet our aesthetic and technical requirements and will need to be improved before being resubmitted. Unfortunately we’re not able to provide more specific feedback for your submission at this time.

by
by
by
by
by
by