5 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
Predator0113 says

Hi, this business card design was rejected. The reason was that it looks to similar to other items in marketplace, or something like that.

The only item it is similar to is one of my previous items that has been rejected.

Another one just got rejected… Unfortunately, your submission is too similar to existing item(s) in our marketplace. Your upload must be a unique concept not based on any existing marketplace item.

Cmon…. :|

111 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
wallfish says

These similar to your second design: Link 1 Link 2

Designs are reviewed very tightly on GR now! Good luck with new ones :)

5 posts
Predator0113 says

Ok forget about the second one, I reedited it.

What’s the problem with the first one ?

Can someone tell me please?

Thanks

111 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
wallfish says

Ok forget about the second one, I reedited it.

What’s the problem with the first one ?

Can someone tell me please?

Thanks

Its just my opinion and you may not agree with me but I believe its just to simple to be there. I mean any buyer could customize a similar card to what you have in the first one. Again it just what I think :)

475 posts
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
LuisFaus says

I agree with wallfish, The first design is way too simple. Also here is my constructive criticism if I may;

When selling to a worldwide market stationary designs such as business cards, you need to take into account that most of the businesses want their address on them, and also that in some countries their addresses are bloody long, therefore they will never fit on a tiny thin rectangle.

As an example I could give you my own address in Thailand; first is the number of the building within the city, then the number of the placement within the building, then the name of the building, then the name of the “soi” ( street ) Then the name of the main street that that street is in, then the sub-sub district, then the sub district, then the district, and finally the city name, the province and the country. And that does not count how bloody long the name of the streets and sub sub districts or similar are.

Additionally, most of the companies have from one to two faxes, apart from their web address, email and two telephone numbers and perhaps a mobile phone.

Just think that you might be selling the card design not just to a designer, but also to a guy in a company that is around the age of 40+ which has no idea of design and wants all information in the business card.

Also, for this kind of target market think that sometimes they will need to write stuff ( by hand) such as names or places when they have their business meetings and such and are meeting new potential customers. So sometimes a white part on the card design isn’t such a bad idea.

I know this critique, has restrictive design patterns, but if you want to hit a worldwide market for a wider range of targets you should consider this points.

I hope that with this it doesn’t help only you, but hopefully a wider range of designers out there.

:)

5 posts
Predator0113 says

Thank you for your post :)

I will edit the design

by
by
by