28 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
taylorsatula says

This File Did Not Meet Our Criteria

Unfortunately this file does not meet GraphicRiver’s strict aesthetic guidelines and cannot be approved.

Your reviewer was adrianpelletier.

=-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-= What is with this the file is here??? http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/9298/picture1gvh.png

what is wrong with it, I got nothing from adrianpelletier what do you guys think that I should do to improve it? So I can submit it again because personally I think that it has potential.

2723 posts
  • Provided great feedback to improve the user experience on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Joined an Envato Football competition
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+17 more
scottwills Envato team says

Actually, the reason is right there: “It did not meet our criteria.” Also, ”...does not meet GraphicRiver’s strict aesthetic guidelines and cannot be approved.”

It looks like your item was rejected because there is very little in the way of design or creativity being used in the left column where the contact details are.

Hope this helps! :-)

138 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+5 more
KLANDA says

I got that a few times. Annoying, but at the end of the day thats the truth of it, and you proberly need to start again or do some major revamping.

although I do find it frustrating when you get no hint what so ever of how to improve it.

I think your design looks great. Its very simple and will easily get more sales than a lot of the rubbish here. It’s pretty basic and there is obviously stuff that can be done to improve it, however the same goes with everyone.

All I can say is, add more detail and design elements, and chance the typeface :D

Happy Photoshopping!

Elliot

1173 posts
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
Motionreactor says

I totally agree with the reviewer.

IMHO There is little conceptually interesting or visually interesting about the design. The typography does not contain much structure or effective information architecture… sure it is grouped and separated into little bits of information, but you have used the same type weight for the whole sidebar. You could work on this more to add variation to weight and perhaps colour / opacity to help structure the information more. Reviewers have a lot of work to get through, so canned responses may not be 100% useful to you, but they are an unfortunate reality.

arquitectostyles
arquitectostyles Recent Posts Threads Started
153 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
+5 more
arquitectostyles says

yeah adrianpelletier , hes a man of few words.

well is that suppose to be cork?? maybe you can submit the cork background in under “textures” ???? but other than that, if ur gonna stick to the twitter thing, id work on it more

28 posts
taylorsatula says

Thank you guys, I appreciated it. The typography is bad now that I look back on it, I think what I didn’t like the most is the canned responce after a 3 day wait. I’m going to go fix it right now

1173 posts
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
Motionreactor says

:) Excellent attitude… I hope your redesign goes well.

Think of it this way, the time you spend waiting for a file to clear the queue is actually free time to make the next file!

125 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
bgm Envato team says

If you do have any other issues with reviewers in the future, may I suggest that you contact support, who will usually put you in touch with the reviewer so you can get more information if its needed.

Thanks,

Ben

28 posts
taylorsatula says

@Motionreactor Oh that is what I have been doing, does anyone know where there is a good place to get a stock paper tag to use on a sold theme. Preferably free

by
by
by
by
by
by