14 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
gcrick says

Submitted our theme today for review – got rejected almost straight away, like literally 40min later.

No feedback apart from: The overall quality of your submission does not meet our aesthetic and technical requirements and will need to be improved before being resubmitted. Unfortunately we’re not able to provide more specific feedback for your submission at this time.

our theme

Is it just me or was this review rushed through, or perhaps I’ve got the wrong end of the stick!

4377 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+6 more
Dzinc says

This thread is now in › Item Discussion

253 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Sweden
+2 more
graphic_dev says

It is kind of mind blowing how you could have your item reviewed within 40 minutes :)

Some feedback
Generally, it feels too cluttered to me. For example, there’s a lot going on on the home page above the fold:

I would also have a look at the vertical rhythm, typography and how you use white space (forgive my “mouse handwriting”):

253 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Sweden
+2 more
graphic_dev says

Very difficult to read some of the text on smaller screens/smartphones:

14 posts
gcrick says

Thanks graphic_dev, appreciate your feedback – and I kinda like your mouse-handwritting :-)

I’ll take on board what you say, do the other homepage examples feel any better – for example this one was designed to be a little ‘lighter’ in terms of impact/clutter?

14 posts
gcrick says

Very difficult to read some of the text on smaller screens/smartphones:

Agree! Not much else I can say – the font-size is a bit all over the place, especially on the slider.

I really appreciate you taking the time to look, any more feedback? – I can take it :-)

14 posts
gcrick says

MOD – Wonder if you could cancel my support ticket – #MJN-246-62706 Can we lock-up or delete this thread as I’m getting straight back to work on these issues

I think graphic_dev has hit the nose with the cluttered layout, differences in font-sizes and general lack of ‘white-space’. A fantastic bit of feedback and i suppose I was a little surprised that there wasn’t at least a one-liner from my reviewer (but I guess they get loads to look through so time is of the essence!!!)

Thanks to all and kindest regards,

Garry

5543 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Canada
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+12 more
KingDog Envato team says

MOD – Wonder if you could cancel my support ticket – #MJN-246-62706 Can we lock-up or delete this thread as I’m getting straight back to work on these issues

I think graphic_dev has hit the nose with the cluttered layout, differences in font-sizes and general lack of ‘white-space’. A fantastic bit of feedback and i suppose I was a little surprised that there wasn’t at least a one-liner from my reviewer (but I guess they get loads to look through so time is of the essence!!!)

Thanks to all and kindest regards,

Garry

Sure thing.

by
by
by
by
by
by