22 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
dzeriho says

Hello! I’ve got a really hard reject on this theme that i still think is awesome miniblog theme. I’ve been working on it for 5 months and made everything with great care (code, graphics, browsers/device support). It uses SVG graphics for modern browsers and PNG fallbacks for older. It’s viewable in all browsers, on all mobile phones, tablets, tvs etc. It’s responsive, very light and versatile from the design point of view because graphics features can be added. I’ve planned upon upload to fill this theme with literally 100 of icons, frames and background overlays but i’m pretty stuck right now. This rejected quote follows:

“Unfortunately your submission Modular Theme – The Miniblog Theme isn’t quite ready for ThemeForest and requires significant improvements and changes before it can be resubmitted and reconsidered. Additionally, we have some extra feedback for you: Unfortunately your submission doesn’t meet our current minimum technical quality requirements for the category it was submitted to. Please consider taking some time to familiarize yourself with our current library and quality levels of popular items before resubmitting.”

I can’t give up on this. I’ve put too much into it. I still believe in it. My mind is currently blocked because i think i’ve made it almost 100% of it’s potential.

Please give me your thoughts, feedbacks and ides on how to improve this. Check the theme styles for quick previews on different designs and use the Cogs menu to set your own style. Check the homepage, single post view, archive view, page/contact page view.

Thank you for your time! Regards!

The link: http://www.mihajlovicnenad.com/modulartheme/

501 posts
  • Slovakia
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Exclusive Author
LubosVolovar says

It is not about how many types of icons, or frames or anything you have in your theme. One style will be more than enough if it will be of greater quality.

It will be very cruel to hear, but nobody is interested in how long it took for you to create this. ONLY thing that matter is the final product. I have also spent couple of months on my first WP theme which also get rejected. You must take it as a lesson and I guarantee you that when you don’t stop improving your skills and will take a look at this design in about few months, you will see why it got rejected.

This theme looks very outdated, you have focused on adding so much visual features that you forgot anything else. Just look at any recent WP theme on ThemeForest and ask yourself if you honestly don’t see difference in quality compared to your design.

Don’t stop working on your skills !

22 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
dzeriho says

Hey! Thank you for your comment PA! It sounds fair enough when compared with other themes on the market, but this theme tries to be a miniblog theme. Which means no special options and focus on design. If I follow your words and start developing the options you say other themes have then i would get something what i didn’t plan it to be. I would like it to remain a miniblog theme. You wouldn’t like that kind of a theme with sliders for every page, custom post inserts and similar options. Does this sound ok or am i still wrong?

501 posts
  • Slovakia
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Exclusive Author
LubosVolovar says

I am not talking about adding new options. This theme just don’t looks good enough. Those default icons and slider frame which pop up after opening the page are just ugly. I know that they can be changed in panel, but to make it looks good in default view is your job, you can’t expect potentional customers to spend half an hour to play with your panel until they achieve at least decent look of the site. Maybe you should first create just PSD design and if it will get accepted, then start developing a WP theme…good luck

1674 posts Multimedia Artistry
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
dnp_theme says

I just got elite badge some day ago but I can assure you that my start was the same.

I got rejected so much I don’t remember. This struggle is terrible indeed.

I think you should focus on overall design and typography. Honestly your design is something in there, it’s not a work in vain, but it’s not good enough for sale on the marketplace. Technically this is just not right, not ready.

You have something nice I like to see: you want to bring something new, keep that in mind. You only need to practice more: layouts, typographic design, because that is all it really is.

You should have come here for some feedback with your first rejection, you could have had a quicker time to market. I suggest taking seriously the resources the reviewers gave you with their rejection mail.

Good luck.

22 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
dzeriho says

OK guys! Thank you for your time and words! The point is to keep on fighting :)

If anyone else has the time please comment and help me with your fresh views and ides! Thanks again.

by
by
by
by
by
by