• Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • United Kingdom
stevebluck says

http://79.170.40.229/steve.com/themeforest/Colui/wp/

Hi, this wordpress theme got rejected becasue of the following reasons

1. You are not allow to include any plugins within the download. 2. The browser’s bottom scroll bar appear. 3. The testimonial is not looking good. 4. The big tag line beside the slider is not looking good and not professional.

Ok I can easily sort out number 1.

Numer 2, I would like to keep the large width but notify everyone about it in the description.

I really like how the testimonial looks and I think the headline rocks…

What do you guys think & suggest?

p.s sorry, I think I posted this in the wrong forum – please move :)

2322 posts
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
+1 more
CreativeMilk says

Nice theme!

1. You cant include any kinde of work that isn’t your, place a download link in the help file to the plugins.

2. I dont see a brouwser bottom scrollbar.

3. Change the style, it isn’t feeling right.(to much space between the quotes and the text and the bgcolor of the balloon is to soft)

4. Change the font size, this one is to big(use a tagline and a small line of text)

and re-submit the file!

greetz

478 posts
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Won a Competition
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
kevinsturf says

yea the browser bottom scroll bar i see when i change my screen res. to 1024 but when I’m at 1280 it’s all good. and yea the tag line next to the sliding images doesn’t look professional at all. It’s just in your face seeking a lot of attention. reduce the spacing of the quotes or even use some different quotes icons, those look weird.

good luck

228 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
stevebluck says

Well, the headline is there to STAND out – It’s saying why blend in when you shoulkd STAND out – it’s suppposed to get a lot of attention.

The testimoials – I tired something a little different and I really like it and many other people too.

I did not want this design to look like every other portolio blog out there – most are so similar.

The reason why the horizontal bar apprears is because of the RSS link on the top right – users can easily remove it if they want. I’ll even put an option in the theme options to disable/enable it.

Do you guys think it will even be a success, if its just going to pass themeforests standard by a small amount I don’t think I will upload it, to me, this deisgn is like WOW but that probably becasue I designed :).

2322 posts
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
+1 more
CreativeMilk says
Do you guys think it will even be a success?

Well it’s always hard to say if a theme will de a high seller or not.

greetz

5 posts
  • United States
WorldFamous says

I really like the design, stevebluck.

I’m not a fan of the ‘testimonial’ section – but that’s because I don’t really care for that on ANY design. Having it rejected as being unprofessional is ridiculous though. It’s simply a matter of style. You, at least, CORRECTLY put the close quotation marks on your design. Most of the approved TF designs that I’ve seen that use a testimonial section have only the open quotation marks. THAT is unprofessional, but didn’t seem to bother the reviewers. (And neither, apparently, does the vast amount of misspellings that get approved. Talk about unprofessional!)

Regarding the big tag line, I’m not a fan of it either. But once again, it’s a matter of style. It certainly doesn’t make the design look unprofessional. What I think might look better (to me, at least) is to get rid of the big tag line completely and move the slider over to the left. By doing that, the awesome design under the slider would then be visible. The tag line isn’t really necessary in it’s current spot – there’s enough room for a tag line at the top of the page and at the lower section (the Get a Quote/View Portfolio section).

Overall though – I think you did a really nice job with the design. The RSS link, the variety of colors, the squiggly artwork, and the boxes (websites, marketing, consulting, contact) are all awesome.

228 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
stevebluck says

Cheers for the comments, I’ve made some changes and re-submitted.

by
by
by
by
by
by