3524 posts Ruben Bristian
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
KrownThemes says

^ You know that standards have changed from 9 Sep, don’t you? :)

255 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
PersianArt says

^ You know that standards have changed from 9 Sep, don’t you? :)

Really, I must say no, unfortunately I did not know.

3524 posts Ruben Bristian
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
KrownThemes says
619 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
ChapterThemes says

P.S. @ChapterThemes, “hi, my last wp theme submit “

Owyeah :)

Well, i can’t imagine myself explaning the code of a whole feature that needs to be put inside a plugin for the theme.. Ain’t gonna explain HOW or WHY something works.

199 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+3 more
ikaruna says

Talking about rejection reasons “The tracking code should be in the footer…” , now on google you can find this info: ”... each template page immediately after the opening body tag..” . So what is gonna be?

255 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
PersianArt says

@RubenBristian
Thanks, this id useful link, I must read it.

@ChapterThemes
Thanks, indeed I comment the code but it seems in reviewer opinion it is not enough and proper.

@SakuraPixel
Thanks, but really I don’t know what I must say, for accept the theme you need do every things that reviewer wants.

619 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
ChapterThemes says

Talking about rejection reasons “The tracking code should be in the footer…” , now on google you can find this info: ”... each template page immediately after the opening body tag..” . So what is gonna be?

Best place to put google tracking code is just before the closing head tag </head> according inside google themselfs etc.

So that rejection reason is bull because lack of knowledge ‘bout google ( no offence to the reviewers )

4323 posts ThemeForest Reviewer
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
Ivor Envato team says

So that rejection reason is bull because lack of knowledge ‘bout google ( no offence to the reviewers )

According to devs @ google.com the Traditional Syntax “tracking code snippet should be included in your site’s pages so that it appears at the bottom of the page’s HTML (or generated-HTML) structure, before the closing tag.”

HTML5Boilerplate recommends to put it before as well.

So saying that our recommendation is because we lack knowledge about GA is not accurate.

@Sakura You added a textarea in your options so the user could insert their own GA code and although GA’s latest Asynchronous Syntax can be placed anywhere in the page what if they decide to use the Traditional Syntax?

Also please note that this was not your main rejection reason, you were using get_template_part() to call scripts and styles.

1999 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
+9 more
bitfade says

am i blind or code commenting isn’t even mentioned in the new rules ?

could staff elaborate the concept ? are we talking about simple function/template comment headers related to php or step by step explanation of how everything works, including custom js plugins ?

199 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+3 more
ikaruna says
||+897298|Ivor said- ....... Also please note that this was not your main rejection reason, you were using get_template_part() to call scripts and styles.

Yes I know, there were many reasons besides that one. I’m not complaining about the new review process, most likely this process will result in less published themes and more sales for themes done right. Tell you the truth, if this process would have been implemented when I started with WP most certainly I would have gave up.

However I’m more concerned about the next phase of the process (starting November), moving CPTs to plugins, if you have a more creative theme (full screen) a portfolio plugin would work best with that theme, in order to make it compatible with any theme would require a lot more work.

Cheers!

by
by
by
by
by
by