45 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
MonkeeThemes says

Well, another disappointed thread here. I have submitted my theme 2 days ago and it is rejected:

Unfortunately your submission DIY Multi-Purpose Versatile WordPress Theme isn’t quite ready for ThemeForest and requires significant improvements and changes before it can be resubmitted and reconsidered.

Additionally, we have some extra feedback for you:

1. Your file has some well done design concepts, however it does not meet the current and very stringent quality guidelines and we can not accept your file at this time. You will need to make some additional improvements in overall aesthetics.

2. There are a few inconsistent spacing issues throughout the design.

3. Overall typography needs additional refinements and improvements before it will be ready for sale.

4. Even with the current design, a significant increase in the polish of the various aspects of the item may just swing the decision in your favor.

Here is the demo: http://themes.monkeethemes.com/demos/?theme=diy

Looking forward to your feedback please.

2263 posts Bird is the word..
  • Elite Author
  • United States
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
jonathan01 says

you can’t use the logos at the bottom as they are copyright – and I believe one of the pictures in your slider is an actor – you should replace those for sure.

I would show drop down menus also.

apart from that pretty much what is outlined in the reply you received.

Hope that helps.

Jonathan

3197 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Community Ambassador
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Beta Tester
  • Brazil
+8 more
DzincStudio says
Moved to Item Discussion
45 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
MonkeeThemes says

you can’t use the logos at the bottom as they are copyright – and I believe one of the pictures in your slider is an actor – you should replace those for sure.

I would show drop down menus also.

apart from that pretty much what is outlined in the reply you received.

Hope that helps.

Jonathan

Thanks for the tips about the logos, I didn’t know, I’ll change that. Either than that I still can’t see what to change with what is said in the reply as I’ve been looking at it for too long, that’s why I need some external feedback.

2161 posts
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Canada
Nitro_Themes says

MonkeeThemes

Hey there, i would start on the colors. To me it looks old and out of date. The menu font look terrible. I mean it has potential and a lot of content but i think you have to spend more time on some of the issues the reviewer pointed out.

I think if you change some of those you will have a good chance of getting it accepted.

Cheers and good luck

Lester

45 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
MonkeeThemes says

MonkeeThemes

Hey there, i would start on the colors. To me it looks old and out of date. The menu font look terrible. I mean it has potential and a lot of content but i think you have to spend more time on some of the issues the reviewer pointed out.

I think if you change some of those you will have a good chance of getting it accepted.

Cheers and good luck

Lester

Hi Lester,

Thanks a lot for your feedback, it is definitely useful. The think is this theme is very flexible in term of design (I don’t know if you saw the other 5 skins) but it seems like I have chosen a bad one for the default look and feel, I wanted to do something different but I have failed big time. I guess I have to re-do the default skin as something a bit more corporate with nice colors but I was scare it would be rejected cause of the uniqueness.

For the fonts, I use the google fonts but strangely on Windows it does not look nice, do you have any idea? On my mac it looks fine…

Thanks a lot anyway, I will work on that asap and re-submit it. Hope this time will be good.

221 posts
  • Palestinian Territory
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Exclusive Author
YousefShanti says

For the four columns area (Features) the paragraphs: avoid using justified text just let the text form itself all alone.

;) best of luck

45 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
MonkeeThemes says

For the four columns area (Features) the paragraphs: avoid using justified text just let the text form itself all alone. ;) best of luck

Thank you Yshanti!

by
by
by
by
by
by