412 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
patrickjansen says

Just one reason among a few I was notified of

“You’ve provided your project in strange resolutions. We only accept project files in HD and Full HD resolutions. You can add adiitional resolution if you like, but at least one of these standards has to be included.”

Where does it say that? Not in the upload page. And why is it so?

What is the HD size, what is the Full HD size?

2354 posts Small, but tough
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
EFEKT_Studio says

“You’ve provided your project in strange resolutions. We only accept project files in HD and Full HD resolutions. You can add adiitional resolution if you like, but at least one of these standards has to be included.”

Most widely used resolutions used in broadcast media now is Full HD and HD, so, videohive follows that and uses thase resolutions.

860 posts Nicely done
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+9 more
MotionRevolver Envato team says

1280×720 is the lowest allowable resolution to be considered high definition for broadcast and web.

1920×1080 is Full HD and is the recommended resolution, since it gives customers the greatest flexibility.

This link may offer some additional information: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-definition_television

5180 posts
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Provided great contribution to our forums
+12 more
felt_tips Moderator says

When was that rule added?

Suppose I want to offer a project in 2K academy 4:3, 4K 2:35 anamorphic. Or how about a web banner animation… they don’t have to be Flash anymore. Are exceptions made for these or does everything have to offer a standard HD crop.

There are other formats than TV.

3954 posts After Effects Templates
  • Provided great feedback to improve the user experience on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has referred 500+ members
+9 more
miseld says
Or how about a web banner animation… they don’t have to be Flash anymore. Are exceptions made for these or does everything have to offer a standard HD crop. There are other formats than TV.

I asked support about video web banners when i was starting in 2010 and they are not agree about my idea :(

412 posts
+5 more
patrickjansen says

When was that rule added?

Exactly my point. I’m not questioning the guideline (or requirements) itself, but VideoHive doesn’t specify them anywhere so it would be unfair to reject items for that reason only.

In my case there were other comments and I’ll address these with a reviewer directly, but I’ve noticed that just as on Activeden the review process on VH seems to have it’s hickups and flaws here and there.

860 posts Nicely done
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+9 more
MotionRevolver Envato team says

I don’t think it’s that other formats/resolutions aren’t allowed, however they likely want to offer customers a standard, broadcast or web-ready resolution, since that’s likely what sells the most.

Was your item soft rejected, or hard rejected? The note stated that one of the HD standards needed to be included, so there’s a chance your item may be approved if you create a comp in one of those resolutions, in addition to whatever non-standard resolution you submitted.

digitalvox_design
digitalvox_design Recent Posts Threads Started
78 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
digitalvox_design says

I`v been working in television more than a decade and we still work in PAL SD (resolution 720×576 / aspect ratio 4:3) so I do not see any good reason for avoiding other resolution / aspects for submitting. There is so many television in this region that still use PAL SD as a standard. For example, If you need native SD video (not converted from HD to avoiding crops) you can not purchase here.

And of course +1 for MotionRevolver replay.

412 posts
+5 more
patrickjansen says

I don’t think it’s that other formats/resolutions aren’t allowed, however they likely want to offer customers a standard, broadcast or web-ready resolution, since that’s likely what sells the most.

Yeah I know, I actually started ‘the trouble’ of adjusting a 1600×800 composition into a full HD variation. Will take some time but that’s ok. But my point is that VH should be clearer that not including FHD /HD sizes is not optional, but a requirement for item-acceptation. How are we supposed to guess that?

Was your item soft rejected, or hard rejected? The note stated that one of the HD standards needed to be included, so there’s a chance your item may be approved if you create a comp in one of those resolutions, in addition to whatever non-standard resolution you submitted.

soft, it needs some improvments. It also mentions the audio file (of which the author provided me a custom modified shorter version), stating I don’t have rights to use it, but that’s probably resolved soon. And it mentions a bunch of texture images of which I inquired with the websites I selected them from if they could be used in commercial projects (and which was confirmed by them that I could), again a matter of allowed-to-use-question which I’m sure can be sorted out too. And a couple of minor other issues.

Anyhow, I was just pointing out that item requirements could be specified more clearly on the upload or some details page, before uploading I was looking for them and didn’t find much about it.

5180 posts
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Provided great contribution to our forums
+12 more
felt_tips Moderator says

Yeah I know, I actually started ‘the trouble’ of adjusting a 1600×800 composition into a full HD variation.

Why not just letterbox it? Nothing wrong with 2:1. There have been plenty of 2:1 and close to 2:1 formats in the past.

It would exist somewhere between 1:1.85 and 1:2.35, both of which are popular feature film aspect ratios.

by
by
by
by
by
by