• Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Europe
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
readactor says

Hallo,

I know all the peoples think what they do is the best, hehe. I don’t know what is worse, to have an item rejected, or to have it rejected with a default text / reason?

This file requires significant improvements or alterations in order to be considered for sale on ThemeForest. Thank you for your understanding.

I think worst to assume that the author will “understand” your general / default rejection reason. Sori but i am not that vodoo guy.

What was funny, was suggestion to submit the website to to http://www.reviewmydesign.net “to get input and ideas from other great designers and ThemeForest authors”. And there just few items have 1, 2 answers.

Why i am not invited to post on active TF forum? Why isn’t a rejection topic, where peoples like me, with some neurons tired from running all away into a big head space, to receive some opinions over a bored default fraze?

Template what is subject of this theread have a demo here

In case you have a crystal globe or a specific dictionary for some words from rejection reason, please alight me. I don’t promise i will be agreed with all your optinions (except are “bravo” to me, hehe), but what is sure, i will read them and give a though.

on almost rejection threads, i am agreed with reviewers, and the resons are obvious, but on this, i am not enough ojective to see something, other wise i wouldn’t submit it.

yes, you got it. big ego here. step with care. kiddin. half. serious now, if you are feeling something usefull to say, do it.

regards

[later edit: i sent an email asking for details, but i saw after is just a ticket with low priority. looking at such general rejection reason, i am fricking out thinking at what mean low for reviewer]

314 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Elite Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
+1 more
bitpub says

The reason they are rejecting it with a default text has been explained nicely by one of the reviewers, jremick if I am not mistaken

So you get a default text when the number of reasons the template gets rejected is too big (hard reject). They don’t give a specific answer because they feel it is your work and you should have complete creative decision over it. If you get just a soft reject then most of the time you will be told what to correct.

As far as your template goes it is a very good start.

What I would change about it:

1. The background could be something more generic so it would appeal to a lot of people. I’m thinking something like the blue mac background image could be nice or some orange backgrounds with some abstract lines and the first card be black
  2. The little cards are just hard to press. I would make them bigger and write the names on that visible area : work, contact etc. This is the best thing you could do; it really drove me crazy trying to pres that small line of color
  3. On the first page you could ass picture besides the name and a tag line; e.g Front end developer
  4. If you have my work then I don’t know if my projects is necessary for such a minimal site; you could wrap them together
  5. Add nicer social media icons and maybe make them animate on mouse over
  6. The Clients page is not so attractive at the moment. Maybe some logos would make it nicer
  7. The input fields for the contact form don’t line up nicely in firefox 3

I really hope you get it accepted, Good luck with it

419 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
readactor says
They don’t give a specific answer because they feel it is your work and you should have complete creative decision over it.

a suggestion isnt’t a creative decision. in few words you can point some issues, in special if they think “is your work” (translate with time)

The background could be something more generic so it would appeal to a lot of people. I’m thinking something like the blue mac background image could be nice or some orange backgrounds with some abstract lines and the first card be black

here is a matter of taste. on the other hand, is a template. removing / replacing a jpg change theme on each person taste. this is covered by help file. regarding the matter of taste. i saw posted in past a rejected thread, about a theme what i never think to buy it, even was the only one theme in world. finnaly that theme was approved, even in my point of view, template remain on same very low quality and problems. what is sure, that theme had buyers.

On the first page you could ass picture beside the name and a tag line; e.g Front end developer

i don’t like vCards with user pictures. Its like i am going to make a business card with my picture on it. If anybody like to have it, again, is a template and it suppose to be customized.

If you have my work then I don’t know if my projects is necessary for such a minimal site; you could wrap them together

a portfolio is a different thing from some personal projects, in same way is different what you do for certain clients request, and what you are doing for your pleasure, purposes etc.

The Clients page is not so attractive at the moment. Maybe some logos would make it nicer

Here you have a point.

The input fields for the contact form don’t line up nicely in firefox 3

on FF 3 .6 look ok.

Thanks for comment.

2016 posts Review Manager
  • Envato Staff
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Australia
  • Beta Tester
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
+7 more
jremick Staff says

Hmm… it seems you’ve changed my review message. The review message did not say what you’ve stated above.

1. We can’t provide a unique response for every submission. It would be silly to re-type the same message a different way each time. With that said, the large majority of reviews include additional points of detail specific to each submission.

2. I suggest reviewmydesign.net because A) Many members of the forum do not particularly like these kinds of rejection threads and B) That website was started specifically for rejected items buy a talented ThemeForest author who wanted to help other authors whose submissions were not accepted.

You’re always welcome to discuss this and request feedback within the forums, I assume that as a given.

3. I would also prefer that authors respond to the review message if they have questions, comments or feedback. By doing that, they will receive a direct reply from the reviewer who will do their best to answer their questions. Some authors say they use the forums because it’s typically faster than waiting a support ticket response. That’s because the ticket has to be reviewed by a member of the support staff and assigned to the appropriate reviewer. As we’re based all over the world, time-zones tend to add a bit of delay. With a little patience though, all your questions will be answered and you can avoid unnecessarily spending time being upset in the forums.

4. The support ticket priority has little to do with the importance of your inquiry.

- -

I’ll provide additional feedback within your support ticket and do my best to answer any questions you may have. Until I’m assigned your support ticket though, just try to take a step back from the situation and from being upset. It’s frustrating and upsetting having your hard work rejected; I do understand how you feel. Keep in mind that frustrated forum responses will take time you could spend being productive and won’t make you feel better.

I look forward to speaking with you shortly and doing my best to answer your questions. :-)

1840 posts YOU TOUCH IT YOU BUY IT
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Won a Competition
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
+1 more
FRESHFACE says

I can’t see any link of your work Readactor, or am I just blind? :) I would like to have a look at it

419 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
readactor says

@jremick

Hmm… it seems you’ve changed my review message. The review message did not say what you’ve stated above

i really do not like to play with words, except in a language what is my tongue and is not the english case.

here is yr entire email:

We’re sorry, your item Rainbow – A Creative Portfolio Card (vCard) has not been approved for sale on ThemeForest. This is the reason given by our item inspector:

This File Requires Some Improvements / Fixes

Thanks so much for taking the time to submit this template. Unfortunately, due to our high standards, your template has been declined.

ThemeForest requires a well designed template with valid code and proper documentation for approval. This template will need significant improvements in one or more of these areas before it will be ready for ThemeForest. You might consider taking a look at some of our most popular items to get a better idea for what we’re looking for. You can view our popular items here: http://ThemeForest.net/page/top_sellers

You might consider submitting the template to http://www.reviewmydesign.net to get input and ideas from other great designers and ThemeForest authors.

- -

If you have any questions about this review, you can reply to this message to open a new support ticket in which I’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have. Please check our marketplace wiki for answers to commonly asked questions before replying to this review message with any questions you may have.

Marketplace Wiki: http://wiki.envato.com Marketplace Wiki Selling Tips: http://wiki.envato.com/category/selling/tips-selling/

- -

Once again, thanks so much for the submission. Hopefully, you’ll submit more templates in the future.

All the best, Jarel Remick

This file requires significant improvements or alterations in order to be considered for sale on ThemeForest. Thank you for your understanding.

Your reviewer was jremick.

Thank you, The Envato Marketplaces Team

i posted here what i bolded, because just after 3 reading i discovered the default reason from another default message. the prove is that in email i ask what is wrong with the validation and help file :)

regarding the rejection theread, i am sure isnt liked by authors who don;t have items rejected. more then that, this is a reason in plus to make a specific topic, to avoit posting in a general TF topic. but, you guys know more better.
The support ticket priority has little to do with the importance of your inquiry

you moved fast. i have bad experience with the low priority, and yr manner of reject reason isnt a help to make a correct opinion about how you are dealing the things. what is strange, is that you even didnt recognize yr text :) . see, that is the problem with defaults texts, are hard to be recognized like yours, because in fact, aren’t, and no, is not silly to write something like “make improvments to the lorem or to the ipsum”, because is clear, any rejected author didnt see their theme is “required significant improvements or alterations in order to be considered for sale on ThemeForest”, otherwise wasn’t submited. is a bit redundant here.

is nothing personal here (except my side). i am just wondering why reviewer do same thing even is clear authors are just going in blind side. instead to wait for another email, is not more strait, time, money saving, to write some words from start? here is a market with a huge percentage taked by envato. isn’t worth a few specific words? and more polite? like human gesture?

thanks for yr availability. regards

@_freshface

link is on “here” from above text.

http://www.readactor.com/260110/

regards

2016 posts Review Manager
  • Envato Staff
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Australia
  • Beta Tester
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
+7 more
jremick Staff says

Oh, I see. The text you’ve bolded above, isn’t text I write in the review message. I can explain further in the support ticket.

by
by
by
by
by
by