2529 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+11 more
JeffreyWay says

I remember reading an excerpt from a magazine not too long ago…

A journalist put an article on the desk of his boss. Later that day, the article was returned to the journalist along with a note that said, “You can do better.”

Over the next two days, he refined it some more. Once again, he submitted the article – only to receive the exact same response.

Again, he spent three more days researching his paper. When he submitted the article this third time, he said to his boss, “If this isn’t good enough, I don’t know what to say. This is the best I can possibly do.”

The boss looked at him and said, “Good. Now I will read it.”

Not to imply that the reviewers don’t look over your submissions. :) But, I guarantee that your designs become substantially better after rejection.

Listen to your reviewers, listen to your peers, improve your designs, resubmit, and start making money!

286 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
AkinGn says

hi, i’m new here on Theme Forest and being a person who resubmitted his rejected item, i agree with that but i see that point when i read posts on item discussion section: some of the users don’t have the clear information about why their item was rejected and how they can improve it. (i had it though, thanks to Jarel) yes,they can get feedback via posting a thread in item discussion section but i think it would be better if users have a clear explanation written by the reviewer about what to improve on their theme. cheers :)

2529 posts
+11 more
JeffreyWay says

We do our best when reviewing templates. But obviously, each reviewer can’t spend 30 minutes detailing what’s wrong with every template. Our job is to filter the submissions, and provide a few tips.

Having said that, we still do quite a good job with rejections. Sites like iStock don’t provide any tips when rejecting.

286 posts
+3 more
AkinGn says

i see. i hope it all gets better for all of us.

2529 posts
+11 more
JeffreyWay says

Imagine if a singer submitted a demo to a producer. If the producer didn’t like it, would he detail every single thing that needed to be fixed? No – he’d just say “pass”.

I think the reviewers are very helpful.

286 posts
+3 more
AkinGn says

ok, with that example, i’m 100% agreed :)

698 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+10 more
segen says
But, I guarantee that your designs become substantially better after rejection.

I agree. Thanks for all my rejected items :)

677 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 500+ members
+11 more
cudazi Envato team says
Imagine if a singer submitted a demo to a producer. If the producer didn’t like it, would he detail every single thing that needed to be fixed? No – he’d just say “pass”. I think the reviewers are very helpful.

Good point. I do find the comments helpful, as you said- definitely better than iStock and the others by a long shot.

Also, any chance of a feature in the uploads area that would show the rejected files and hang onto the title / description / category / reason for rejection / etc… so we can just drop the new files in and go if need be?

2529 posts
+11 more
JeffreyWay says

I’m hoping that the devs implement a similar feature for the redesign. It should makes things much easier for you guys.

1599 posts Chris Robinson
  • Located in United States
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
contempoinc says
Also, any chance of a feature in the uploads area that would show the rejected files and hang onto the title / description / category / reason for rejection / etc… so we can just drop the new files in and go if need be?

dig that idea, +1

by
by
by
by
by
by