15 posts
  • Bulgaria
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
JGrozdanov says

Hi guys,

I’m a new author ( still improving my first theme, I hope it gets approved soon ) and I really need your help. As I said I am still improving my first theme and I really almost did start over. It was because of the design – it was “not unique enough”. I’m OK with that as I’m growing as a designer but I want to spare some time coding. Rewriting stylesheets is time-consuming and when not enough feedback is provided by the reviewer it gets a bit discouraging.

So I decided to post my designs here on the forum first to get feedback from somebody more experienced than me but that didn’t work out quite well ( http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/feedback-needed-before-submitting-for-a-review/63889 ). So I am thinking now – submitting the design in the PSD category.

And here comes my question – I will get the feedback from the reviewer but I know that the criteria in the PSD category is a bit different and it is harder to get there. So do you think I can improve the design at this point and do less coding later or that is just going to confuse me.

You can share your strategies from your newbie period as well.

Any advice would be highly appreciated, J.

3007 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Elite Author
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
+2 more
duotive says

Too high contrast on the design.

15 posts
  • Bulgaria
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
JGrozdanov says

Too high contrast on the design.

Thank you for your reply. I will think how it can be changed although I’ve seen that effect on many websites trying to get that magazine-feel look.

Anyway, I was talking about a submitting strategy in general – is it good trying for the PSD section before you start coding or the bar is too high there and you will end up confused.

by
by
by
by
by
by