133 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has referred 50+ members
+4 more
MicrostockMan says

Hi guys,

I know this is one of those touchy subjects where we photographers get all uppity about our work, but after submitting probably 300 images or so, it seems that there are some pretty bizarre rejections going on here. Especially since in other forum threads the comment has been made that “we dont have a not-needed list at the moment” as PhotoDune is just starting out.

So after getting lots of rejections of files that are happily accepted and selling well on other MAJOR sites (SS, DT, etc etc…), I am left wondering why so many files are being rejected here, usually based on the “the overall quality of this submission was not high enough for inclusion in the PhotoDune library” reason.

If the file is technically sound enough (as proven by acceptance to every other library) and the subject matter isn’t saturated in the library, why are they being rejected so liberally?

Its not a whinge (I promise!), just a concerned observation for the future.

Thanks in advance!

45 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+4 more
stemlund says

I have this happen a lot between all the stock sites. They have a different level of acceptance and I’ve just chalked it up to different inspectors and level of quality that each site is willing to accept. Usually the images that get rejected one place and accepted another is because the image is borderline on one or more technical requirement. That or they don’t need that image for their collection. Also, certain sites will allow similar images from others in your portfolio and others won’t. It’s a decision they have to make about whether they value slight variations or thinks it’s unneeded.

If it helps any, there have been images that were rejected early on in beta and then I re-uploaded and they were accepted, either because of a different inspector or because they had worked out some of the unknowns for what they would and wouldn’t accept.

2023 posts Review Manager
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
jremick Envato team says

Hi guys,

Apologies for the delayed response here. I’m the Review Manager for Envato and manage the review staff for PhotoDune.

As PhotoDune is still very, very new, we’re shaping and forming out review standards, as well as training the review staff on where the quality and content acceptance lines are. Unfortunately this means that there will be submission rejections that we may actually want while the reviewers are still gaining familiarity with the standards we want and as the review team as a whole further develops.

In the mean time, please feel free to shoot me an email at jarel@envato.com with links to any particular submission reviews you’re concerned about or, if there are many, just give me a heads up and I’ll look through the rejections to see what needs to be adjusted.

Thanks!

2 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+2 more
DarioLoPresti says

in my last submission of 50 pics, 90% of them was rejected for: “We’re not able to accept your submission as it appears to be a repeat of an existing image or there are already multiple variations of this image available or we already have enough of this type of submission in our library.”

usually i have a 90% acceptance rate here, and I think these rejection are really incoherent

28 posts
  • Located in Canada
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
gabyjalbert Envato team says

Hi Dario, thanks for your post. I’ll have a look at your portfolio (and rejections) and get back to you by email with more detailed feedback later today.

Best regards,

Gaby Jalbert | Quality Team Leader | Photodune

2 posts
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+2 more
DarioLoPresti says

thank you! :D

1 post
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
graffikki says

Hi, I am having a little trouble understanding the rejections as well. My photography is actually used and bought by the tourist industry here for top marketing material, postcards etc… and am not understanding the rejection process for photodune at all.

I have seen other photos from the same region, The French Region, being sold on here and they are not nearly as good as most of my photos. The photos i have submitted you also do not have photos of.

Is there anyone who can let me know what the rejections are for or guidelines as to the specifics of what you would like?

Many thanks :)

28 posts
  • Located in Canada

Sorry, I was on vacation last week and just got your post. I tried to check your portfolio but couldn’t find any images. I’d certainly be interested in seeing the content you mentioned to look into it and provide clarification and/or overturn images if they have been wrongfully rejected.

Thanks, Gaby Jalbert | Quality Team Leader | Photodune

2 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
ribeiroantonio says

I feel like I am loosing my time in Photodune. The number of rejections is extraordinary and the reasons for rejection absurd. I had 4 acceptances over the last 50 submissions. And prior to that the ration acceptances/submissions is similar. Please, I would like to have an explanation for this before I make the decision to stay or go away. Thanks.

28 posts
  • Located in Canada

Hi Antonio,

I’ll have a look at your recent rejections and get back to by email on Monday at the latest.

Thanks for your patience.

Best regards, Gaby Jalbert | Photodune Quality Team Leader

by
by
by
by
by
by