742 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
+7 more
josweb says

I am new to Graphic River and I was wondering about rejections.

What does it mean when you receive an email stating that your item was rejected and there isn’t a crtique accompanying it?

How can a designer learn to improve their files if there’s no comments?

Ok, I can understand that a file maybe just plain awful or not appeal to a particular reviewer, but to not inlude any useful comments/suggestions is quite hurtful!

I must say that I do feel rather dispondant now and at the moment I feel like never trying again as the work took me four days to complete.

However, I’m not one to give up, so I will persevere. Hopefully, I will receive a useful design analysis next time to help me on my way!

2104 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Best moustache of Envato's Movember Australia contest
+12 more
DarkstarDesigns says

If you post a link to it then you should be able to get feedback from people in the forum which is also useful.

Reviewer writing critque of you work is a bonus not a given, but most review ill if you message them will give you more feedback.

741 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
Hotpin says

Dont give up! i got rejected several times before i got my first item approved!

What doesnt kill you makes you stronger so gather all your designing powers and improove the file somehow or make something new even better! :)

Good luck!

742 posts
+7 more
josweb says

Thank you so much for your kind comments. I just felt really disheartened, especially when you see the odd file getting through which may not be particluarly up to par. (obviously in one’s own personal opinion!)

I feel a little like I’m back at college again! It kind of makes me feel a little strange as I used to crit illustrator’s portfolios for magazine design. Although, I used to give my honest opinion and positive feedback!

I feel like i’ve stepped back in time!!!!!!!!!!

Perhaps, in future I will post here first with my idea before I jump ahead and design 30+ different file variations!

designeRodriguez
designeRodriguez Recent Posts Threads Started
76 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
designeRodriguez says

Don’t give up! Rejection is part of the family here at Graphicriver and even the most popular authors are not immune to it. I get rejected a lot. I finish an item and then the uploading and reviewing takes me 2 more weeks. It can get frustrating, but in the end it makes you better at what you do.

Sometimes I don’t get a specific response, but after contacting the reviewer or support and requesting specifics, I do get one. You do get a lot of help from your peers here in the forums, so if you get rejected and are clueless we’ll help you out. :)

742 posts
+7 more
josweb says

Ah thanks for such a kind reply, nice to see that there’s good folks about and it looks like this forum is a fine place to be!

20 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
bddream24 says

hay. this is true.. rejection is the first part lesson of GR… I’m working more then 15 days and not accepted yet..!!!

by
by
by
by
by
by