660 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United States
donchev_a says

I have a suggestions regarding the additional items showed in a row (dunno how you call this block) right after the description of each item.

Here it is: if the item is let say a video player, the first, second, ..., items to be from the same category (if there are any) if not than to have from the parent category, and so on. So they should be organized based on their categories and parent categories.

For example, I have 4-5 mp3 players, 5-6 backgrounds and etc, and if I am on mp3 item’s page I would like to see at the bottom more from the same category – mp3 players, instead some random items from my portfolio.

I hope it is clear.

Thanks and have a great day! And do not forget to smile and make the people happy!

8112 posts Community Moderator
  • Community Moderator
  • United Kingdom
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Won a Competition
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Beta Tester
+4 more
MSFX Volunteer moderator says

+1

I would personally love to be able to choose what items are postioned there for each item… ;)

660 posts
  • United States
donchev_a says
+1 I would personally love to be able to choose what items are postioned there for each item… ;)

From business point of view this is a must! Like in a real (not web) store. ;)

6763 posts
  • Italy
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
+1 more
doru says

+1

but man there’s never enough features request. :D

660 posts
  • United States
donchev_a says
+1 but man there’s never enough features request. :D

+1

right. this is just a thought. ;)

1666 posts Time is what you desire most, but waste carelessly.
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Elite Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Europe
+1 more
Firsh says

I have noticed this feature leak when i started using the sites. It has an advantage: you may never know who likes a totallyrandomitem from your ross marketplace portfolio. Ifyou were to choose those manually you might end up missing a randomhit. It would release some load from envato servers if they dont have to randomize the items there every few minutes. Im sure the devs will change something about it in the future but that will only happen if it uses less power. Ever noticed the almost exponentially growing number of users and authors? Besides investing in new hardware they will try tosqueeze out more speed from the sites. Having a staic more items by block certainly reduces load even if set on a per item basis or per marketplace or per category or per account orwhatever else they can think of. So dont worry they respect our opinin but the change is not instant. We wanted more items on the front page? We got it. We wanted buy now? We got it. We wanted to kill the comments?We got it. So this will change eventually as it is kind of important toeveryone. Having SOME control over what’s there!

by
by
by
by
by
by