1479 posts The right tools with none of the gimmicks
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
PixelBin says

You’re allowed to remove your themes and do whatever you want with them.

And in my opinion, you shouldn’t worry about the buyers so much. It’s your work, you should be able to do what you want with it including getting free traffic, clickthroughs, publicity, etc by giving it away for free.

They payed for the theme to get it early. That’s how it is. This often happens on mobile app markets where an app comes out payed and later becomes free. To me, as a buyer, doesn’t bother me one bit. I payed to get the app early. That’s all there is to it.

219 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
NuclearThemes says
infuse01 said
May you should make a “light” Version and brand it as well as “light” – Possible you can offer the “light” Version for free while still having the “Pro” Version selling on themeforest. That way you can difference between actual buyers who you should give support and the users of the free version who don’t get support :-D

I think this is a great idea, kind of like how it’s done on the App Store. Give people a cut down “light version” with links to the full version. I’d suggest replacing the options page with a full screen ad detailing why full is better etc.

1479 posts The right tools with none of the gimmicks
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+6 more
PixelBin says
NuclearThemes said
infuse01 said
May you should make a “light” Version and brand it as well as “light” – Possible you can offer the “light” Version for free while still having the “Pro” Version selling on themeforest. That way you can difference between actual buyers who you should give support and the users of the free version who don’t get support :-D
I think this is a great idea, kind of like how it’s done on the App Store. Give people a cut down “light version” with links to the full version. I’d suggest replacing the options page with a full screen ad detailing why full is better etc.

Not sure how well that would fly with ol’ Envato. Unless you radically change the design/features, I don’t see how that wouldn’t be distributing the work already here.

warriorfullights
warriorfullights Recent Posts Threads Started
72 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
warriorfullights says

There is a saying that you shouldn’t be holding onto possessions you no longer need. If you think it cannot be sell on the amount you wish to sell it, they try to lower the amount or give it to someone for free. Just the sake of getting rid of it.

19 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Located in Zimbabwe
cwinhall says

maybe put it into the bargain basement first for a month to squeeze out some last few sales from it… then take it off completely. Atleast this is a progressive stage of deletion instead of removing it completely straight away.

960 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
jeffeatworld says

I already did that last year lol. It actaully generated a few sales.

It’s my first template so part of me feels torn between leaving it on here and taking it off. It’s nowhere near the quality of newly released templates or those in the same category these days so maybe I will just take it off and offer it for free elsewhere on my blog.

by
by
by
by
by
by