23 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
yourkishore says

I have my fb viral application [link removed] which is having good sales and rating. But i want to add even more features to it and with better UI and coding and realease it as version 2. But can i release a next version as a complete new file. everything is completely new code, not repeated. Will they accept it ?

304 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+7 more
ceasar says

I think you can submit it as new item but if it wise ? You will abandon your old item then and leave your customers with no updates.

For me I only update my items. I had version 1,2,3,4 ect. Even after a complete update I just updated my items.

I think your customers will reward you for that and perhaps in the end you will earn more money. Just my opinion :-)

23 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
yourkishore says

I think you can submit it as new item but if it wise ? You will abandon your old item then and leave your customers with no updates.

For me I only update my items. I had version 1,2,3,4 ect. Even after a complete update I just updated my items.

I think your customers will reward you for that and perhaps in the end you will earn more money. Just my opinion :-)

Thanks for that i will not release it as new item, will give it a update. My buyers will love it. And it had good traffic from search engine. Thanks for that idea. I really appreciate that.

168 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Australia
+2 more
michaeldale says

Make sure your existing buyers can upgrade/keep their settings/info. If you do that you should be sweet.

I’ve released 10+ major updates to one of my apps and I think that is part of the reason it sells well.

1445 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Pack
+3 more
WebSmacker says

When you submit your update for review, be sure to ask the reviewer for a price increase since you are adding new features :)

by
by
by
by
by
by