4908 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+9 more
MarkBrodhuber Envato team says

Hello all, I just thought I’d create a thread reminding all of you that tomorrow October 15, is Blog Action Day. For those who are unaware of what Blog Action Day is, its an annual event that Collis started in 2007. Every year it takes place on October 15th, and focuses on a single world issue. This years topic is Climate Change. Any and all blogs, can register, and on the 15th provide a blog post relating to the topic. The point here is to spread the word, inform, and empower millions of people through the voices of thousands. I think its safe to say, blogging has become a pretty powerful information platform :P.

Get Involved

If you don’t have a blog, be sure to check out any one of the Envato blogs tomorrow for some great information regarding Climate Change, and head over to the Blog Action Day website to find other blogs that are participating!

If you do have a blog, and would like to get involved, there is a simple sign up form on the Blog Action Day site, where you can register your blog, add your readership to the total number of people impacted, and grab yourself a nice badge to proudly display on your site. After registering, all you have to do is write a post relating to the topic Climate Change, and link back to Blogactionday.org somewhere in the post.

193 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Roeven says

Awesome! Nice initiative. :-) I also absolutely adore how there’s a special site for the Blog Action Day, called FlashDen (or GraphicRiver, VideoHive, AudioJungle or ThemeForest, respectively, depending on where you’re reading this post.) You might want to check your links again, Mark. :-)

4908 posts
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+9 more
MarkBrodhuber Envato team says

Ahh, got it fixed, forgot the closing quotation marks after the address in the tags. Thanks for the heads up!

3135 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
Daniel_R says

nice idea! count me in Mark! I m signing up now … ;)

238 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
Mastergreed says

I would join for sure just like last year, but I can’t because of the topic – if I would join, I would have to write that every logical person know that current point of view on “climate change” is at least far from the truth…

Well, maybe next year.

2324 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+6 more
CreativeMilk says

already signd up :D

by
by
by