632 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+2 more
tacoMusic says

Hello my fellow people of the jungle,

I sent in a message to support asking whether it’s ok to remove individual tracks after they’ve been put into a pack. Brad kindly got back to me and said it’s ok to remove individual tracks, but I think he may have been referring to removing tracks in general as he emphasised us composers hold the rights to the tracks.

As I haven’t heard back from dear Brad since, I thought I’d ask here – is it cool to remove individual tracks that are in packs, or is this a no go yo?

Thanks,

taCo

263 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
SkyProductions says

Yo Taco, I would think that you would just have to delete the pack as well as the individual track. Then just reload(edit) the already existing pack with out the track.

Just a guess though.

richspeller_music
richspeller_music Recent Posts Threads Started
131 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
richspeller_music says

I have done this. You just need to edit the zip and all the contents, obviously the preview too, mention this to the reviewer in comments and you are done. They will just lower the overall price of the pack.

427 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+12 more
NikiN Envato team says

Hey Taco, please do not delete the pack and resubmit it afterwards, that’s not really allowed. As Rich said, you should go to the Edit tab and update the zip and preview and make sure you update the description as well, to reflect the new tracklist.

Hope it all goes well :)

632 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
tacoMusic says

Ah, ok, I was actually asking whether it’s ok to delete individual tracks without touching the pack i.e. continue selling the pack, but delete its individual tracks that are floating around my portfolio. Obviously that’s not allowed by the sounds of things – I was interested as it would help me prune my portfolio a bit to make it stronger.

Thanks for the responses everyone

863 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has referred 10+ members
+3 more
gbiasillo says

I have a question related to this. If tracks are removed from a pack, what happens if a previous buyer wants to redownload it (maybe they misplaced the tracks)?

1028 posts
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
simaudio says

Ah, ok, I was actually asking whether it’s ok to delete individual tracks without touching the pack i.e. continue selling the pack, but delete its individual tracks that are floating around my portfolio. Obviously that’s not allowed by the sounds of things – I was interested as it would help me prune my portfolio a bit to make it stronger. Thanks for the responses everyone

Hi Taco, i understand what you mean, I’m pretty sure this is not allowed as when you upload a pack they have to be tracks that are already in your portfolio, so it probably works the other way i.e. selling a pack with a track that is not available for sale as a single item.

It would be handy to know.

:)

rich_speller_music
rich_speller_music Recent Posts Threads Started
1 post
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
rich_speller_music says

I have a question related to this. If tracks are removed from a pack, what happens if a previous buyer wants to redownload it (maybe they misplaced the tracks)?

They would have to contact you directly asking for the track. You can’t have a track in the pack that is not for sale as an individual item, as mentioned. You could always state in the description I.e. previous buyers please note, please contact me if…......

by
by
by
by
by
by