242 posts I make pretty things.
  • Trendsetter
  • Weekly Top Seller
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 9
+6 more
guuthemes
says

dealing with moron customers is always a pita… there’s always gonna be “that guy” lol… I like the idea of adding a requirement that 1-star or 2-star ratings, they have to at least post a sentence as to why, and that the author can appeal and have that removed, if it’s something stupid like “they didn’t include stock photos with the template”, or “the after effects CS5 project won’t load in my six-year old CS3 software, or “that HTML template won’t install in WP” or… you get the idea..

and from a coding standpoint, maybe if they enter a 1- or 2-star rating, before letting them officially enter it, have the envato form submitter popup a window saying “are you sure? did you check the Requirements carefully prior to purchase?”

or similar “noob alert” lol

+1

1829 posts Time is what you desire most, but waste carelessly.
  • Author Level 9
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Trendsetter
+9 more
Firsh
says

It’s okay you can’t please everyone. I think a better average calculation system like the one IMDB has (weighted average + custom formula) would be more efficient.

296 posts
  • Weekly Top Seller
  • Top Monthly Author
  • Featured Author
  • 6 Years of Membership
+6 more
themac
says

what about a default vote about 5 stars for each sale until the buyer make his vote?

1424 posts
  • Wordsmith
  • 5 Years of Membership
  • Beta Tester
  • Affiliate Level 2
+7 more
Stylius
says

what about a default vote about 5 stars for each sale until the buyer make his vote?

Why? just becausehe didn’t vote it doesn’t mean he intended to give five stars. I have the feeling that you all think than every file hre deserves 5 stars, which obviously is not true.

380 posts
  • Top Monthly Author
  • Elite Author
  • Weekly Top Seller
  • Trendsetter
+7 more
halfdata
says

I think it would be better to use scientific way to analyze ratings (Mathematical statistics). It’s easy to do: for each item Envato must ignore one highest rating (for example, 5 stars) and one lowest rating (for example, 1 star) – in this case rating system will reduce the influence of irrelevant ratings.

204 posts
  • Author Level 6
  • Featured Author
  • Freebie
  • 3 Years of Membership
+3 more
ikaruna
says

There is no need for removing one star, now same kind of people that were rating one star realised that one star does not do as much damage anymore so they start to rate two stars :) .

1899 posts Multimedia Artistry
  • Elite Author
  • 4 Years of Membership
  • Freebie
  • Most Wanted Winner
+4 more
dnp_theme
says

Look at Kriesi’s latest item: almost 1000 sales, 70 5stars rating and …

one troll, (last of the orcs horde), rated 1star.

How n00b can this guy be? I mean did you see Kriesi’s tutorials?

8586 posts Community Moderator
  • United Kingdom
  • 7 Years of Membership
  • Winner
+10 more
MSFX
says

I have the solution – lets leave only 4 and 5 stars! :asleep:

Let’s show a message to noob… when hovering the one star, the browser should show

ARE YOU NOOB?

haha, love it :D

+1 to the requiring reasoning for low rating

1102 posts
  • Trendsetter
  • Weekly Top Seller
  • 4 Years of Membership
  • Author Level 6
+7 more
mudi
says

I also have this type of items with all 5 star rating and one 1 star rating