359 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
kops says

Fair enough, there must be a fair few buyers who don’t understand the theme or don’t read the documentation properly and rate a theme one star. It’s pretty disgusting reading this thread though and listening to established and non-established authors referring to buyers as noobs and morons.

Yes, there should be a way of buyers having to qualify a low review and a way of authors appealing an unjustified review but don’t assume that all your themes automatically qualify for 4 or 5 stars across the board.

While there are some great themes here, there are also many atrocious themes that have somehow got through the review process and are fully deserving of a 3* or less review.

I’ve got the greatest of respect for any author selling on here as the value for money for buyers is undeniable but have a bit of respect back for the people who are spending money on your themes, too.

225 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+4 more
h3design says

@kops
The one-star ratings don´t necessarily come from “true” buyers.
As mentioned multiple times in this thread, it´s often other authors who rate products 1 star to fight the competition (in an unfair way).
Sry but I think “noob” is still a harmless word to desribe this kind of people…

5360 posts The Dude Abides
  • Located in United States
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+9 more
CodingJack says

@kops

I’ve purchased a good deal of items here on the marketplaces, and while the majority are great, I run into a dud from time to time. So you’re right, some items are deserving of low ratings. But I think this thread’s focus is on items that have mostly 4-5 star ratings and then a few 1 stars.

1243 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
SomethingDesign says

Personally I prefer a very sophisticated rating system with report buttons, stars, reason why comments for stars etc.., and supported by a very solid support team and no review on items

1279 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
+8 more
Pricop says

I’ve been affected as well by low-rating without knowing why was that, the 1 & 2* shouldn’t count unless a valid reason is given.

1821 posts
  • Provided great feedback to improve the user experience on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+12 more
SamBerson says

When someone like me only has 4 ratings, it’s damaging for my reputation here if someone rates me one star, without even asking for support.

487 posts (-_-(-_-(-_-)-_-)-_-)
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Themewaves says

Guys, guys, guys! Please stop whining :) That’s how rating works. Most potential buyers understand that if item has 10 5-stars and 1 1-star ratings than item is ok (and 1-star comes from noob).

+1

23 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
themeboutique says

I like this idea—plus, how can we know what to improve if no feedback is given? Justification for lower ratings would be a great addition, even if the author would be the only person with access to the comments.

1703 posts Multimedia Artistry
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+4 more
dnp_theme says

QUICK QUESTION: Envato staff, are you approving 1 star rating when users complain about support?

509 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Located in Australia
+1 more
justinfrench Envato team says

QUICK QUESTION: Envato stuff, are you approving 1 star rating when users complain about support?

We’re not approving ratings. The purpose of this initial feature was just to observe what’s happening for a week or two (it’s going to be pulled down very soon).

by
by
by
by
by
by