1034 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
BenSheppard says

When you buy something you like off amazon that has 40 5 stars and 1 1 star you don’t even care about the 1 rating

294 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
Endat says

I think the most recent update makes things a lot more clear
5 -----
3—

^ Most people can see that it’s a good item, but a few people might have issues.. whether its a server issue, or a mental issue :P

3072 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+5 more
wickedpixel says

The problem is when you have a new file with only 3 ratings and one of them is 1star. That will look creepy.

86 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+1 more
wp_workshop says

^ I agree with Endat. I mean this was the whole point of the new rating system.

I mean put yourself in buyers perspective. If some item has majority of 4 and 5 stars and just 1 one star rating, i would definitely consider buying it. IMHO this new rating system is great.

224 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+4 more
h3design says

I know it´s not a too dramatic issue (and will most likely exist forever anyways), but like wickedpixel said, especially when a new item has only 3 ratings, and one of it is 1/5 because someone wants to harm your file, this might scare clients off very easily.

Btw ive also thought about buyers who enter a keyword and then sort by rating…
Therefore I always try to keep my rating 5/5 and encourage satisfied clients to rate my items.

689 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
+5 more
cooledition says

The true about 1 start rating without leaving a comment on the comments section.

Lets be honest. If you buy something that deserves 1 star, you will be very angry and you want everyone knows they should not buy that item, so you go and leave a very bad comment about your experience with the item so everybody can read it, it is like a revange.

This is not the case with the most 1 start ratings here on the marketplace. Most of the items with one 1 start rating have no negative comments on the item comments section. So that makes me think 2 things:

a. Someone who purchased your item to put it on a warez site for free.

b. An envious author who sell in the same category than you and probably your item is better or competing with his/her item.

I think option “b” is the most common reason of those 1 start ratings without negative comments on the item comments section…

So please, like h3design said “ISN´T IT TIME TO IMPLEMENT A FEATURE THAT ITS ONLY POSSIBLE TO RATE AN ITEM BELOW 3 STARS IF YOU GIVE A MULTI-LINE FEEDBACK IN WHICH YOU LIST WHY THE ITEM SHOULD HAVE 1/5 STARS ?”

Totally agree

395 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
+9 more
Dirtyflint says

I’m not worried about 1 star rating. The low rating remains on conscience of the appraiser.

527 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+2 more
NoizMan says

I don’t understand why people buy the track and rate it 1 star. If you don’t like it… well… don’t buy it.

45 posts
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+3 more
ppandp says

Guys, guys, guys! Please stop whining :) That’s how rating works. Most potential buyers understand that if item has 10 5-stars and 1 1-star ratings than item is ok (and 1-star comes from noob).

+1

By the way, we need a “Like” button for posts ;)

220 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
corsonr says

i totally agree, that’s not faire having an item rated 1 star just because the buyer didn’t take the time to read the documentation. I have a plugin with more 500 sales, and i can’t understand how i can get a one star rate on it, i’ve been working on it for months.

The point is that later people will not buy a plugin poorly rated.

by
by
by
by
by
by