802 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Pulled off some great moustache to raise money or awareness for Movember Australia
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+7 more
EladChai says

The problem is when you have a new file with only 3 ratings and one of them is 1star. That will look creepy.
I am fully agree with you

Exactly

\\
I have the exact situation like this with my newest plugin :) Strangely, no negative comments.

Here is a comment from the item I was talking about:

\\

LOL :D Now you see what I mean?

1307 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has collected more than 1000 items on Envato Market
graphic4444 says

personally I’ve rated virtually all the 1,430+ items I’ve bought here 5 stars. I wouldn’t have bought them if I didn’t think they were 5 star worthy… kind of common sense.. why would anybody buy something then rate it less than 4-5?

+1 re flagging NOOB for 1-star reviews, lol

1732 posts Multimedia Artistry
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+4 more
dnp_theme says

personally I’ve rated virtually all the 1,430+ items I’ve bought here 5 stars. I wouldn’t have bought them if I didn’t think they were 5 star worthy… kind of common sense.. why would anybody buy something then rate it less than 4-5? +1 re flagging NOOB for 1-star reviews, lol

Wish you good health :D

415 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
illuminations says

I think the one star is especially useless for audiojunglers. There won’t be any formatting or instruction issues with our stuff. It’s quite obvious that if a customer buys it they think it’s great (4 or 5 stars), otherwise why on earth would they even buy it. Now obviously the solution is not to get rid of the one star rating…that doesn’t make any sense either. What if we adopted a system that removed the lowest rating given to each item? For Example I have a file that has three ratings: two five-stars and one random one-star. The one-star rating would be removed in my system, however if it were to get a second one-star rating it would remain attached to the file.

220 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
corsonr says

Basically, i receive everyday emails or messages (or comments) to ask me things that are in the documentation. In other words most part of the buyers simply don’t read the documentation, and by consequence don’t configure properly my plugins, and then say that it’s not working. And then i get a poor rating.

So yes, please add a required text field to know why we receive poor rating. If there’s a bug, then it’s a great way to improve the plugin, otherwise it’s a good way to explain buyers what then haven’t understood.

And i finally i encourage you all to read this post from Pippin Williamson about “How to leave a good bad review

251 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+7 more
SeventhQueen says

So yes, please add a required text field to know why we receive poor rating. If there’s a bug, then it’s a great way to improve the plugin, otherwise it’s a good way to explain buyers what then haven’t understood.

Totally agree with you, I think this is the best solution for authors and buyers to understand and improve their items ;)

223 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
SurStudio says

Totally agree with you, I think this is the best solution for authors and buyers to understand and improve their items ;)

+1

1411 posts
  • Contributed a blog post
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Located in Europe
+7 more
Stylius says

Sorry guys, but now you just look like you enjoy moaning. The new feature is pretty good. If an item has 6 ratings with 5 stars and just 1 with 1 star then obviosly the item is a good item with one crazy person who didn’t like it, and buyers know that because they see it on Amazon and Google Play and they see it on every marketplace. If the text will be required then people who rate will drop significally, because if now it is difficult to make them rate, how do you imagine with a required text? Then again, if you require the text just for one and two stars what you will get will be a file with six “five stars” and two “one star” WITH a bad feedback like “It has these bugs” or “the file is large I had to install it via filezilla” or “the documentation is very unclear, it look like the person doesn’t speak English” which are valid feedbacks, but are negative, besides, it will be wrong.

I know that you want to get rid of those one star ratings you have there, but guess what, they are normal, the file would look scammy with 3563 “five stars” ratings, so if you want a good rating, make a really badass file, but don’t moan just for moaning.

There, I said it, attack me now! :P

1373 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
dekurvajo says

@Stylius:
+1. Similar aspect here.

99 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+3 more
MouseOnLeaf says

Sorry guys, but now you just look like you enjoy moaning. The new feature is pretty good. If an item has 6 ratings with 5 stars and just 1 with 1 star then obviosly the item is a good item with one crazy person who didn’t like it, and buyers know that because they see it on Amazon and Google Play and they see it on every marketplace. If the text will be required then people who rate will drop significally, because if now it is difficult to make them rate, how do you imagine with a required text? Then again, if you require the text just for one and two stars what you will get will be a file with six “five stars” and two “one star” WITH a bad feedback like “It has these bugs” or “the file is large I had to install it via filezilla” or “the documentation is very unclear, it look like the person doesn’t speak English” which are valid feedbacks, but are negative, besides, it will be wrong.

I know that you want to get rid of those one star ratings you have there, but guess what, they are normal, the file would look scammy with 3563 “five stars” ratings, so if you want a good rating, make a really badass file, but don’t moan just for moaning.

There, I said it, attack me now! :P

+1 – totally agree with it!

by
by
by
by
by
by