139 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+1 more
nugas says

My hand shakes and it’s so hard to even to drag the mouse and do a single mouse click when there is a lot of pressure coming from all around. So this would definitely help me a lot. Let’s find out. ;)

JustJoking. but.. these small things do make a lot of differences when dealing with huge project in heavy comp with high resolution and 32 bit 3D with raytracing ..

1116 posts inlifethrill
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+10 more
InlifeThrill says

Cool stuff. Here is another one:

I have a solid with fractal noise on and it evolves over time for example. Then I add a clean black solid on top of it. Now my editor view is essentially black. Is the fractal noise still processed in that case?

Another scenario: Instead of adding black solid on top of the fractal noise, I simply move it off screen, to the left let’s say. Does it still calculate? Same question for Cinema 4D.

I could easily check those (these? what was it?). I ask here for the sake of a healthy conversation. :)

593 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
flashato says

I know for for sure that in case of the render region function, AE will also render what is not visible in the render region. :)

433 posts
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+7 more
vovkacg says

Cool stuff. Here is another one:

I have a solid with fractal noise on and it evolves over time for example. Then I add a clean black solid on top of it. Now my editor view is essentially black. Is the fractal noise still processed in that case?

Another scenario: Instead of adding black solid on top of the fractal noise, I simply move it off screen, to the left let’s say. Does it still calculate? Same question for Cinema 4D.

I could easily check those (these? what was it?). I ask here for the sake of a healthy conversation. :)

Since AE renders layers from bottom the fractal noise solid is the first one to render.

As for the second scenario it shouldn’t be rendered, in this case just background color is being processed.

23 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
3Dpogo says

Hi, Inlife Thrill do you use cinema c4d?

1116 posts inlifethrill
+10 more
InlifeThrill says

Hi, Inlife Thrill do you use cinema c4d?

I open it from time to time. Why :)

2373 posts Small, but tough
  • Has referred 500+ members
+9 more
EFEKT_Studio says

I don’t know about after effects, but I would say Cinema definitely does.

edit: hmmm, man, you ask some hard questions :D

+9 more
EFEKT_Studio says

p.s. I know it’s kinda offtopic, but I have a question regarding cinema. How to get rid of edge flickering (ie. relfections) when rendering out. I set up antialiasing to animation (best), with default min 1×1 and max 4×4. Would increasing these solve the problem?

1116 posts inlifethrill
+10 more
InlifeThrill says

Number 1 suspect would be incorrect GI settings (if using GI of course). Camera Animation or Full Animation respectively should be used if you are animating.

If it is not GI then it is most likely to be your Anti-Aliasing. I tend to keep it at “cubic” even if using animation. With refr and refl you probably need higher values than usual. Very thin lines tend to need more samples as well. It’s a good practice to tweak/isolate your AA settings per object basis, while keeping the global settings relatively low. The compositing tag gives you that option.

If thin lines is the case – as an addition consider a tiny tiny amount of blur in post over the problematic thin areas. This should visually solve part of the problem. 0.5 fast blur should do it.

AO is not likely to cause any flicker. Chances are it could produce grain/noise if the samples are set too low. You could easily assume this is flicker while it actually isn’t.

I am sure there are way more educated people on the topic than myself. Maybe someone else could explain it from a different perspective. :)

+9 more
EFEKT_Studio says

Thanks inlife. In this case I was actually thinking about non-GI rendering. Just a standard render without GI or AO, but with a lot of reflections. The edge flicker is pretty strong and post-production blur doesn’t quite help. I will now try a test render with higher anti-aliasing values and see if that helps. Thanks man!

by
by
by
by
by
by