338 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
bilalmarri says

Hello i would like to ask for a solution here that i am facing. I made a project that is taking around 5 mins to render 1 frame now here are the details of my project i am using three extrusion on a single logo by 3d extruder. Its a 80 sec long project so there are 4 instances of the same three extrusions on single logo. All the instances are in a single comp which makes around 12 extrusions in a single comp but each one of them are chopped saperatly to give a different scene look additionally there are a dozen place holders too flat layers its around 2000 frames so what can i do to avoid that timing i am using core i7 system 8gb ram with 1gb card 256bits making pre comps for each scene is not working either any suggestions from the experts?

5220 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+11 more
felt_tips Moderator says

I suggest you read the 3D Extruder user guide about how not to make an extrusion that takes an age to render.

Also check you’re not using masses of lights with soft shadows, that you’re not rendering ray-traced, that your depth of field is not off the scale. And as recommended for 3D Extruder, don’t make the sides shadow casting. It’s unnecessary and won’t bring anything but extra render time.

1008 posts
  • Won a competition
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+6 more
3Ddym says

Hello i would like to ask for a solution here that i am facing. I made a project that is taking around 5 mins to render 1 frame now here are the details of my project i am using three extrusion on a single logo by 3d extruder. Its a 80 sec long project so there are 4 instances of the same three extrusions on single logo. All the instances are in a single comp which makes around 12 extrusions in a single comp but each one of them are chopped saperatly to give a different scene look additionally there are a dozen place holders too flat layers its around 2000 frames so what can i do to avoid that timing i am using core i7 system 8gb ram with 1gb card 256bits making pre comps for each scene is not working either any suggestions from the experts?

Check your composition resolution, if it’s high, it takes more time.

2373 posts Small, but tough
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
EFEKT_Studio says

Also motion blur makes your render time quite longer.

1578 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+6 more
AndrVlad says

Hi all,

Can you please advise what is considered long time render and what is OK for you for final result (with motion blur, etc). Of course it depends on project but kind of general opinion if you have 1 minute project and like core i7, 16gb what is acceptable average render time for you and for your customers?

Thank you!

Best Regards, Andrey

338 posts
+4 more
bilalmarri says

thanks for the help guys..

by long render time i meant that extrudes do not take that much time as i am experiencing right now

15 secs logo is taking about 60 hours to render

i followed your steps felt tips and it did help a little but still its just damn too long..

410 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
+3 more
GhosTeam says

Did you try to render in a different computer? Just to be sure it’s the template and not something else…

Maybe if you add some screenshots from the project setup we will spot something.
If you want I’d be happy to look through the project-file and look for a problem…make a new project-file with just 1-frame from your animation and upload somewhere.

105 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
ToddKopriva says

See this page for resources about making After Effects work faster: http://adobe.ly/eV2zE7

5220 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+11 more
felt_tips Moderator says

by long render time i meant that extrudes do not take that much time as i am experiencing right now

i followed your steps felt tips and it did help a little but still its just damn too long..

How many iterations does your extrude use?

338 posts
+4 more
bilalmarri says

How many iterations does your extrude use?

the base layer has 10 iterations and extrude depth is 10 the other two layers have 40 iterations and extrude depth is varied from 50 to 100. i reduced the iterations, initially there were around 100

by
by
by
by
by
by