• Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Colombia
weCREATEthings says

Hi guys.

I’m working on a new little project and I see a problem on the rendering proccess. When I export to a mp4 (h.264) or a FLV file, the brighter areas of the movie looks a little darker. It’s not a big change, but the result doesn’t look the same as it looks in AE.

I don’t know if maybe I’m missing something, but I check over common render settings and don’t find anything. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

182 posts
  • Sri Lanka
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
cryvfx says

don’t export your final movie so you want go to composition – make movie then you can select FLV format it is better way to render try that :)

270 posts
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Exclusive Author
FalconFX says

I have that issue too with my some projects, which is a bit of misleading for me :) hope i will find a solution

389 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Colombia
weCREATEthings says

don’t export your final movie so you want go to composition – make movie then you can select FLV format it is better way to render try that :)

I tried that, and doesn’t work :( I just realize that in CS5.5 the Composition option “Make movie” does the same thing that the “Add to render queue” button.

And I check out on CC too to see if this little mistake still exist, but the “Make Movie” button doesn’t exist anymore :grin:

Thanks for your suggestion :)

5069 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Community Superstar
  • Community Moderator
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Beta Tester
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
+6 more
felt_tips Volunteer moderator says

There’s a well known issue with Quicktime h.264 where the gamma level gets changed during the transcoding process. Could this be the issue?

I find that it makes a big difference which format you transcode from. These days I compress h.264 files exclusively from ProRes compressed files and that seems to do the trick.

389 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Colombia
weCREATEthings says

There’s a well known issue with Quicktime h.264 where the gamma level gets changed during the transcoding process. Could this be the issue? I find that it makes a big difference which format you transcode from. These days I compress h.264 files exclusively from ProRes compressed files and that seems to do the trick.

Actually at first time I thought that it was something like that, so I tried to render it in multiple formats. And I got the same result with the three formats. And I tweak all the setting in render queue, project settings, color management and got any strange results, but never looked as it should.

But for some reason when in I exported to some unsoported formats like .avi, it looks as it should be. So, the “solution” was first render in .avi and then transcoding in the others formats. This works, but obviously isn’t the right way.

Here is a preview of the problem.

As you can see it is a big change…

Thanks for your help!

by
by
by
by
by
by