• Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Exclusive Author
+4 more
miseld says

Hi creative community.I have a question. Finished one of the projects but I’m experiencing some problems.Rendering starts fine until 18 minutes or so,and then it just stops.I tried couple of times but same thing happens.What could cause this?

I have similar problems, for some reason sometimes you need to tick in render settings OPENGL ON .

4791 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Community Moderator
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Beta Tester
  • United Kingdom
+5 more
felt_tips Volunteer moderator says

To access the secret menu, start up the computer with the keyboard upside down and recite the names of the Effects in the Effects Menu backwards whilst opening AE.

Or have a look here… http://vimeo.com/12875270

-f.

2252 posts Small, but tough
  • Elite Author
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bosnia and Herzegovina
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
+4 more
EFEKT_Studio says

Hi creative community.I have a question. Finished one of the projects but I’m experiencing some problems.Rendering starts fine until 18 minutes or so,and then it just stops.I tried couple of times but same thing happens.What could cause this?

Wlado, maybe the part when it stops, it’s just too “heavy” for your configuration to handle it out?

I had the situation when some 2-3 seconds of project renders normal, but when it comes to the weighted part, it renders reaaally slow. So slow it almost stops. Hope this helps.

293 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
ivezicm says

Maybe this helps.

Important question: 1. When render fails, after you restart AE, can you normally continue to render from the same frame forward?

If not, then the issue is in that frame, to big image, or layer or something. Check out layer by layer on that frame to figure out what is wrong with project.

But if you can continue to render from the same failed frame position then problem is somewhere else.

Last year I had same problem and tried almost anything. That thing was so interesting to Felt that he even asked for that specific project file so he can figure it out. The solution was (in my case) to convert all the expressions into keyframes using script editor, save file and restart AE.

Why that? I don’t know, but if you check your task manager while rendering your project and if AE keeps building ram memory, than the only workaround is to restart AE and render from failed frame.

It feels like the AE has some ram leaks, and yes I have tried everything, secret, purge, all cache memory settings. But it just did not help.

so important answer for you in order to continue the fight with AE will come out from that question above.

222 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
+2 more
OneManBand says

Had this issue from time to time.

If none of the above solutions works for you, and you are using a .mp3 audio track in your compostion, try to convert it to .wav and use that .wav instead. Silly, but sometimes it worked for me!

185 posts
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Beta Tester
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Europe
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
+1 more
Wlado says

Ivezicm ,as for that first question , noup , I have to start it over again..but I will try some of the things the guys mentioned,hope it will help. Thanks for the help.

824 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
+4 more
MotionRevolver Reviewer says

Are you getting any sort of error message when the render stops? If the render stops at the same frame every time, you’ll have to figure out what is going on at that exact point. Any big compositions or 3rd-party plugins being used at that point in the animation?

One thing to try, is restart AE to make sure you’re starting fresh, and render the animation as a PSD , TIFF or PNG sequence (I prefer PSD ). Sometimes rendering an animation frame-by-frame as a sequence helps AE process it easier.

Give it a shot and let us know how it works out.

by
by
by
by
by
by