154 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
SkillLine says

Hi, What is the best trick and slotion to render quick in C4D.

I have a bit complicated scene include many reflection materials and L studio with HDRI environment. I rendered the final with GI with Mediam density but I got flicker in the final video with very slow rendering it’s about 45 mins for each frame. So please any trick to increase the rendering time and thats let me to increase the GI details to remove the flickering.
1096 posts inlifethrill
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Bulgaria
+5 more
InlifeThrill says

Hi, there is no best trick to render quick. Optimizing your scene is a must. This could go a long way though – it affects your polygon count, materials and the setting applied to them as well as the final output settings. All depends on what you are doing the type of look you are after. Working with realistic values tends to speed things up a bit with Cinema 4D. Global Illumination is often abused, there are ways to mimic it without actually turning it on in the render settings. Here is a quick video. Not complete, but good enough get you started with optimizing your projects: http://greyscalegorilla.com/blog/tutorials/how-to-optimize-your-scene-to-render-faster-in-cinema-4d/

7196 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
+1 more
doru says

can you post a screen of render?

154 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
SkillLine says

Hi, there is no best trick to render quick. Optimizing your scene is a must. This could go a long way though – it affects your polygon count, materials and the setting applied to them as well as the final output settings. All depends on what you are doing the type of look you are after. Working with realistic values tends to speed things up a bit with Cinema 4D. Global Illumination is often abused, there are ways to mimic it without actually turning it on in the render settings. Here is a quick video. Not complete, but good enough get you started with optimizing your projects: http://greyscalegorilla.com/blog/tutorials/how-to-optimize-your-scene-to-render-faster-in-cinema-4d/

Thank you so much, I’m still optimizing the scene but you know the real problem with the reflection. Do you have any idea how to use environment in cinema instead of the reflection please?

1096 posts inlifethrill
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Bulgaria
+5 more
InlifeThrill says

As far as I know, the environment channel (not the environment object) is an old-dated method for simulating reflections. It’s quicker but far more inaccurate than using the reflection channel. If memory serves, it was meant for the gaming industry back in the days. Now computers are sped up quite a bit and you could easily handle more complex calculations. Personally, I would not compromise image quality by using the environment channel to handle my reflections. There is no wrong or right way here. You are free to use whatever you like as long as it gets the job done.

Consider revising your understanding of the surface you are creating. Note that very few materials in the real world have extremely high reflective or brightness values. If you are using lots of blurry reflections and/or refractive transparent materials you are probably better off with the physical renderer in R13 and above. It handles them much quicker.

The environment channel needs to be fed an image, preferably a 360 panorama or you may notice a seam where the ends meet as it basically wraps it around a virtual infinite sphere.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

154 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
SkillLine says

Thank you InlifeThrill you are awesome, very good info but anyway I spent hours to get more in rendering and lighting. Do you know what the problem was with the flickring issue although I rendering with maximum options? Was the Net Render!!! Yes because I used to render with Net render the result will be different number of samples of GI especially if you use many animation objects in the scene so that’s the problem. And the best solution was Production Rendering Techniques in CINEMA 4D.It’s really this course helped me a lot. thanks again!

10 posts
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
sroelofsen says

If you absolutely need to use GI then the best thing to do to reduce flickering is to use the IR Camera Animation mode or IR + Qmc camera animation

Also your samples do not need to be turned all the way up, low or medium will often suffice.

154 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
SkillLine says

Thank you mate! That’s true and I did it I said I used the maximum options. You know the issue as I mentioned before it the Net Render!!!

by
by
by
by
by
by