585 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
AlexFjord says

“Authors will adjust pricing in accordance with competition” – first that’s a totally different question from the currency issue originally raised. Second this is the most subjective thing of all – you cannot cost an item that is different from another based on plugins etc as so many thing influence it’s value, e.g. Code, design, etc etc. Including many you cannot see without purchasing both side by side

531 posts uouapps
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
uouapps says

p.s out of interest – and this is NOT an attack it is a GENUINE question… would someone mind telling me how much it would cost to go to a developer in India (as an example!) and ask for a fully functioning WP theme that looks and operates as good as they do on here?

My guess is still more than $50 so technically everyone is still getting an amazing deal here either way???

You seem to make a huge confusion here between low incomes & Talent Hunting, if you want to find a WP developer that can deliver with the standards of themeforest he’s going to cost you… so regardless whether he/she is from India, Switzerland or Brasil it’s not the geographical location that determines the cost, it’s the individual’s skills…

585 posts
AlexFjord says

Sorry but I think there is confusion… I agree that quality weather it is developers or software costs money.

With that in mind all I am doing is justifying why people should not pay differently irrelevant of what they are.

Salaries may be more in the EU but then so is the cost of living etc. Wherever someone is, talent as you said takes costs and these files are a great deal.

As for authors setting prices – all that would do is cause chaos, price wars and long term damage the marketplace. Design especially, let alone coding etc is very subjective especially when it is your own work and the only fair way is to have an independent decision maker.

3719 posts Community Moderator
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
  • Located in Netherlands
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+9 more
Joost Moderator says

I think there should be a “pay with bitcoin” option.

Well arn’t you glad this was not adopted yesterday? ;)

492 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+3 more
rayoflightt says

+1 for EUR

by
by
by
by