• Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Italy
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
mountainthemes says

How i can reply to an user who just vote 1 star one of my themes ? The rating system is pretty useless right now.

853 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
ImanGM says

Hey,

Yesterday I got my first 1 star rating from a real client ( not those who just purchase an item to give it a 1 star rating ).

Once I saw this, I was thinking it would be awesome if I could contact him not because of the one star rating but to try to help him to be able to use the item that he’d paid for it.

But when I checked my email, I’ve found out that he’s sent me an email too and was told me that his developers told him that this item is full of bugs and he’s wasted his money and now because of my bad item he has to pay them for custom development.

I replied him in 10 minutes and asked him politely to let me help him by checking his site since I did not receive any single ticket from his developers and I think there is a small thing which I could help him to fix it to be able to use this item for his site just like 100s other clients.

But you know what? I didn’t receive any reply and I think I’ll never get any reply too. When someone rate your item (specially a high rated item) a one star and even does not try to contact you for support (which I think 99% of one star ratings are like this), it’s completely useless to have a “Reply to” option in Review page.

It will just make more tension between this type of clients and authors…

Just my 2 cents!

Cheers,
Iman

1220 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Slovenia
Anps says

Agreed! Any ways you can click on his username and contact him via his profile contact form :)

99 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Italy
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
mountainthemes says

there’s no contact form for that user.

by
by