3 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
stuartyboy says

I’ve been a Themeforest member for a good few years, bought and customised a few themes for clients. I’ve never had any problems with any of the themes, or authors or had any issues until yesterday.

The theme I purchased is great looking and I checked beforehand that it was “well documented”. However, after I purchased it and started working through the documentation, I discovered it has to be the worst documentation of any theme I’ve ever purchased from Themeforest. The english is poor, multiple steps have been left out. It is confusing and unhelpful. I have considerable experience as a developer so I was able to eventually figure out most things but this took nearly a day to do so. The problem is, handing this over to a client with ordinary skills would not have a clue where to start with it.

Question is, who awards the “well documented” status and can I report the theme for being “not well documented” to prevent people going through what I have? Where and who do I report this too?

Thanks in advance

787 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • India
  • Beta Tester
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
laranz says

Look at this thread..

149 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
IulianN says

The best way is to contact the author, and a new update with a better documentation will be added :)
No need to open this thread :|

Not all authors are native English, you buy a theme with a documentation file, not a theme with an article with a high level of English.

“Reporting”- why don’t you report the author, because you’ve payed the theme ?. Maybe you get it for free!

Don’t make sense the question for you? This thread don’t make sense neither.
Edit : Nice first post after 3 years ;)

3422 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Community Moderator
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred more than 2000 users
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+4 more
sevenspark Volunteer moderator says

Hey stuartyboy,

If you find the documentation to be lacking, I’d recommend contacting support to make them aware of the issue. They can review the docs and downgrade the level of documentation rating if necessary :)

Chris

3 posts
stuartyboy says

This thread don’t make sense neither.
Edit : Nice first post after 3 years ;)
Yeah right.
3 posts
stuartyboy says

Hey stuartyboy,

If you find the documentation to be lacking, I’d recommend contacting support to make them aware of the issue. They can review the docs and downgrade the level of documentation rating if necessary :)

Chris

Cheers Chris – appreciated

by
by
by
by
by
by