2307 posts aspire to create - create to inspire
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+9 more
Creattive says

Hi folks,

it’s been asked a lot in the past, but still we cannot filter our portfolios by categories. This is useful for every author with a lot of files, that still want their users to be able to find what they are looking for in their portfolio.

For example audiojungle authors with big portfolios. They are now making public collections to filter their items by moods, type (soundfx, music, logos) etc, while all of this hassle isn’t really needed.

All we need is the same filter that applies to the search results and all other pages on the marketplaces, but not on the author’s portfolio.

To me, such a filter would allow me to submit a lot of motion graphic files, right now I refrain from that because I don’t want to mess up my portfolio of After Effects projects.

As envato is right now working on search and they can fix and add things really quick in that area, I think it’s time to make this request popular again and bring it to the attention of the staff. So everyone interested in this feature, please post a quick +1 and request a staff reply.

This is nothing that takes a lot of work as it is already done on all other pages, but it is really a life-saver on the portfolio and encourages everyone to widen their portfolios in different areas.

225 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
MyNameIsMatthew says

In my opinion this is good idea.

406 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
juanmita says

I agree, this would facilitate a lot of issues search of an author, which grows to its portfolio, the job search is difficult customers would also be an improvement in the browsing experience of the buyer. Sure envato notes!! ;)

2010 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
+8 more
matsteiner Envato team says

+1 from me!
Yes, this would solve many problems and make it more convenient for buyers and authors!

Even when we can ‘sort’ our items with collections and some nice links to them, still many customers just browse the portfolio and don’t have any benefit kind of ‘categories’ we made.
On bigger portfolios like Creattive’s or mine it’s just a nightmare like it is now… :/

Please, please dear devs! I really think it’s a VERY important feature

2307 posts aspire to create - create to inspire
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+9 more
Creattive says

Exactly mat, when users click on the “view portfolio” button, we can do as many great collections to sort our works as we want to, they don’t find them.

Alternatively, let us put a description text where we can put links to those collections on top of our portfolio envato.

202 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
augustomeijer says

This is such a Creattive and good idea and why should we hassle html codes trying to recreate some sort of picture category system for ourselfs. Or please correct me if I’m wrong :)

512 posts
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
+8 more
steve314 says

+1 It’s easy to be done and will simplify client’s search process.

141 posts
+3 more
Videomaster says

This is why I don`t publish any motiongraphics work on here. I have a really nice collection of my works and I don`t wanna mess them with After Effects templates. This feature is very needed. Nice idea mate.

1439 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
IngeniousArtist says

+1 Then we don’t need to make extra “collections” to show a category :)

462 posts
  • Won a competition
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
D_Cooper says

Brilliant idea.
Hope we will be heard…

by
by
by