I would like to ask for refund for a very bad client purchase for some reasons I will explain below and I want to know if it is possible to delete his rating?
The client did not read documentation or follow my instructions, he does not even know support is not mandatory. He wants support for every little module of the Joomla Quickstart sample data.
I ask because the client gave me low rating to my template that was the highest rated template in Joomla category, and this is not fair.
Looks like you still have 5 stars on all your items…
But maybe the best thing to do is contact support and see if they can simply remove that 1 rating. I don’t think any refund should be given though.
That said, this is something that happens to a lot of authors and I don’t think you should be bugging support for it. ;(
The user is now spamming my template comments.
His low rating did not change the overall rating of my template of 5 stars, but pushed back my template from the first position!!!!
“The client did not read documentation or follow my instructions, he does not even know support is not mandatory’
I think most buyers don’t know this.
Anyway I want his rating to be deleted as it is not “legal” he did not follow Envato guidelines regarding purchase and kills my sales with his comments and low rating.
Hi DNP ,
You will these kind of requests when you have a buyer that doesn’t know Joomla. I know that the support is not “included” but as an advice, you should always try to help your buyers in any way you can . You do not have to lower yourself to the buyer and call him incompetent ( this attitude can also drop your sales ). Please let me know how this goes and if the rating can be deleted for my own knowledge.
Best regards, Stefan
p.s. how do you know that your theme is the best rated Joomla theme here ? Do you have some stats that i do not know?
Before this, when sorting templates by rating, my template was first.Anyway, I adopted another strategy: I am going to prove my statement
- I am asking for Joomla admin
- I will fix the issue in one minute
- show the user what he had to do, where is that documented
- the conclusion is: he is incompetent and I did my job 200%
Now, that’s the spirit
I’ve seen that he is a power buyer. He just needs a little practice and a productive feedback.
Best regards, Stefan
p.s. poti sa ma contactezi oricand pentru orice problema/sfat/etc
Very sweet of you and I thank you for the support !!I had a few words with big developers before and I know: there is no way you can satisfy 100% of your clients for some obvious reasons:
- the client is frustrated and does not cooperate in finding a solution (just like in my case now)
- most of the users are not aware of the technical requirements of the software, but they expect everything is automatically done – this means lack of experience / knowledge
- most of the users don’t read documentation, but they “know them all”, they have 5-10 years doing Joomla (even if Joomla only has 6 years almost since the Mambo fork)
- some users are just impossible for some personal reasons.
The best thing to do is: get his website’s admin account, inspect his setup and give him a solution according to his expectations. Some of them don’t even know what to expect. They are in the air.
Thanks again everybody for your inputs, appreciated.
- Please read our community guidelines. Self promotion and discussion of piracy is not allowed.
- Open a support ticket if you would like specific help with your account, deposits or purchases.
- Item Support by authors is optional and may vary. Please see the Support tab on each item page.
Most of all, enjoy your time here. Thank you for being a valued Envato community member.