522 posts Dream big
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in a magazine
  • Has referred 50+ members
+4 more
pixel-industry says

Dear Envato Support,

we can’t explain how happy we are when you refered our buyer to Microlancer instead of us, theme’s author… We know that you need to make money, but this is really a bad practice.

So in short here is the situation. A client bought our latest WP theme. He didn’t know how to install it and contacted directly Envato Support. They refered him to Microlancer and found someone who charged him $50 for installation (you all know how this works on Microlancer), instead of pointing him to us. If you didn’t know if we provide support or not you should at least check it first. The only fault of the buyer is that he didn’t even open documentation to see a guide how to install a theme, but that’s not the point here…

After that client got furious, left us a 1 star rating accusing us of charging him $50, because he obviously don’t understand that we are a team on themeforest, not Envato. So basically he didn’t rate us, but you – Envato support.

Here’s a screenshot:

We already contacted support and guess what? We got generic response that this is valuable feedback!! Valuable to who?? We are not the ones who deserved 1 star rating and that rating should be removed! Because you refered that user to Microlancer instead of telling him to contact the author first!

618 posts
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+8 more
theAlThemist says

Now, that’s really too much!

My English is not good enough to express the explicit words that came to my mouth in “mother language” so I’ll just pass.

Anyways, wondering what would be the great reason to lock the thread this time.

May be something like “While we really appreciate your efforts to inform the community about the stupid situation, we strongly advice to NOT show publicly how stupid we could act in certain cases. Better contact support directly for a more faster and accurate answer behind the scenes.”

@KingDog – your turn (Nothing personal, you know – just you’re the man)

274 posts Envato Market Support
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Located in United Kingdom
  • Provided great feedback to improve the user experience on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+7 more
MhW Envato team says

Hey Pixel-industry!

He didn’t know how to install it and contacted directly Envato Support. They refered him to Microlancer and found someone who charged him $50 for installation (you all know how this works on Microlancer), instead of pointing him to us.

Hmm, that’s odd. I’ve searched both of our Support Systems although unfortunately can’t find any tickets from the buyer that left the low rating. It would definitely be unusual for a Support Officer to refer a buyer to Studio before referring them to the Author, perhaps they followed the “Wordpress Installation Services” link in the downloads page sidebar?

As for the rating itself, I can’t make any guarantees although I’ll see what I can do for you. Will be in touch in 1-2 days :grin:

Christian

522 posts Dream big
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in a magazine
  • Has referred 50+ members
+4 more
pixel-industry says

I hope that’s the case then (that he followed the link). Thank you very much Christian. Looking forward to your answer.

by
by
by
by
by
by