Hi themeforest community and admins,
I would like help to seek a refund from an author. The support is terrible, none at all, and the template doesn’t work as showed in the demo (most plugins don’t work properly) – hence the site looks totally bare and unlike the demo.
Can you please advise me on the process of requesting a refund from the author?
Thanks in advance!P.S – here is a link to where I first posted to the author for help and support on the template Mazine. http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/problems-with-installation-of-mazine-11-by-transparent-ideas/43942
P.S – here is a link to where I first posted to the author for help and support on the template Mazine. http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/problems-with-installation-of-mazine-11-by-transparent-ideas/43942
Have you tried posting in the item’s discussion board? It appears the author is providing support to the other buyers posting there.
Here is a direct link: http://themeforest.net/item/mazine-wordpress-theme-a-wp-ecommerce-theme/discussion/198602
1) This forum is the public Themeforest forums. Not every author reads every thread here. You’re way better off contacting the author directly or posting on the discussion board of his files, as ThemeBlvd mentioned.
2) An author is not obliged to give support, ever. Files are sold as-is, and support is optional. Of course many authors provide support in order to build up a reputation and have buyers return to them, but it’s definitely not mandatory. If a file doesn’t work as provided in the demo, though, that’s an issue for Envato support. If that is the case, you can contact them via the link agusmu provided.
3) Replying to 8 semi-relevant threads with the exact same question/rant is not going to improve your chances of getting in touch with the author or someone who knows the answer, but it does look a bit off. In short – that’s not the way to go.
Some do not respect even the holidays… we had a case like this a couple of days ago… DUDES WE MIGHT CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS !!!
I think we might need to open some more threads on this topic
- Please read our community guidelines. Self promotion and discussion of piracy is not allowed.
- Open a support ticket if you would like specific help with your account, deposits or purchases.
- Item Support by authors is optional and may vary. Please see the Support tab on each item page.
Most of all, enjoy your time here. Thank you for being a valued Envato community member.