• Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • South Africa
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
+1 more
joiaco says

Has anyone had success in getting links to their items removed from websites that supposedly only ‘share’ information (along with Russian girls)? They invite us to request removals of our items from the sites, and i have sent several emails but my items are still all there. What do i do next?

138 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Germany
Sealord says

As long as they don’t offer your item for free download on various file-hosts you are limited in your actions. You need the cooperations of the site owners but they make money with your items through ref links which does not violate the Terms and Conditions of Envato so they don’t care much about this situation.

905 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Community Superstar
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • South Africa
+1 more
joiaco says

As long as they don’t offer your item for free download on various file-hosts you are limited in your actions. You need the cooperations of the site owners but they make money with your items through ref links which does not violate the Terms and Conditions of Envato so they don’t care much about this situation.

So even if they have direct links to software that can apparently ‘steal’ our items, is that not a violation of the T&C? (And of our our human rights!)

32 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
eka says

Currently I have no more items on so called GR affiliate sites, I sent them several mails before they took them off. They claim that they share only GR link and that they bring more trafic to our items. Hard to know what is the truth I guess but it seems safer to me without their favors.

69 posts
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
Emil_J says

Remember they need your permission for using the images of the file for preview, for example.

5180 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Has attended an Envato Live event
  • Support Staff
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Canada
  • Community Ambassador
+8 more
KingDog Staff says

Please report any copyright, piracy, or warez violations to Envato Support , and see the Knowledgebase for info on Copyright Support. The Support team can give you some great suggestions on how to send take down notices etc. Thanks!

by
by
by
by
by
by